I can't believe it has been 15 days already. That means I have been here for 2 whole weeks-and that is a long time! It is nice getting into a routine here and it also makes the days go by faster. This also means that these little babies are still cooking away at 27 weeks 4 days. Everyday is a day closer to our ultimate goal--34 weeks gestational age.
I am seeing some nurses on a regular basis, which is nice and helpful. They have all been the most wonderful people to talk to. Even though they aren't having to stay in the hospital, they are very empathetic and are always willing to do anything they can think of to make it better for me (and all anti-partum patients, I can imagine). My friend Danielle (hi Danielle!) has brought them treats when she has come up-so that helps too! :)
On Sunday both babies had decels but perked right back up afterward. This hasn't happened since the first day and since both babies did it at different times it gave me some serious anxiety. The rest of the day on Sunday and all day yesterday they were great-with the exception of being tricky to find with the monitor last night. A quick ultrasound showed they have moved (again) and one is vertex (head down) and one is transverse (across my belly). It was too fast to see who is who-as you can see the size difference on the ultrasound if the doctor goes slowly. My doctor and the nurses keep reminding me that is why we are here-to check their heart rates and keep a very close eye on them. Hopefully today will bring more accelerations (which are really good!) from both babies and easy monitoring!
J-man night be understanding seeing me on FaceTime more now. He always starts off with a wave and some kisses and then he plays games-peek a boo, pointing to body parts, looking for the dog...you know, all good games for a 3 year old! He is just the sweetest thing in the world and I am missing him so much when I don't see him for a night. Daddy is doing such a great job and being the most wonderful and helpful person I could ask for.
No comments:
Post a Comment