Friday, January 27, 2012

29 weeks!

Today I start my 29th week which means this week is a big deal! I forgot if I shared...I'm sure I did, but 30 weeks is when we are out of the biggest amount of danger as far as many things are concerned-breathing being a big one. You all know how breathing and oxygen and apnea were (and sometimes is still) an issue at our house. If I ever see an oxygen tank it will be too soon. We just cleaned out (I mean moved stuff from one side to the other) our garage and found a lone oxygen tank and if I could have thrown it in the street I would have. I hate those tanks. If it is part of our life this time around we will deal but we still won't like it. On the plus side at least we know Bailey knows how to gently step over an oxygen tube even when she's acting all crazy. :)

It has been sad around here the last few days-a girl next to me lost her twins at 22 weeks. It has made me so thankful to have these monitoring sessions, just to be able to hear the girls and know they are doing well. I had a biophysical ultrasound on Wednesday and it went well. I didn't get any new pictures because they were not in a position where 3D was working...I'd rather wait for a cute one where I can see all of their facial features than get one that looks scary, like the first time. Yikes! Both babies scored 8/8 which means they both showed practice breathing, were moving, and had great heartbeats. Little peanut, baby B (who they can just look at and see that she is smaller) had great flow in and out of her umbilical cord. They have looked at her flow briefly before but never measured the exact flow. The nurse said she has excellent flow! Great news since they still don't know exactly why she is a little peanut. I am dying for my growth ultrasound on Monday. It is nice to have things spread out because it gives me something to look forward to. I always have anxiety when I am watching them take their measurements and waiting for them to put it into the computer...it is very scary. If there is a point where the growth is slowing significantly or has stopped on baby B they will give me the 2nd round of steroid shots plus a magnesium drip of some kind (helps brain bleeds) and they will deliver. I am crossing my finger that she is still on her own little growth curve and still getting bigger by the day.

I am thankful that the days are starting to fly by. Sometimes I am so shocked that it is the end of the day and it went so quickly. I can hardly believe that on Tuesday I will have been here for 4 weeks! It has really flown by and I think some of the nurses expect me to have gone crazy by now but I'm not! I am loving that the only thing I have to do is be an incubator for these girls. Other girls here on long term bed rest can make a huge difference with their babies by following doctor's orders and being flat on their back but there really isn't anything extra that I can do to keep them in longer than what is going to happen. So strange.

Anyway, I have a dinner date with my two best boys again tonight and they are coming to visit me tomorrow and Sunday too. I love the weekend because I get to see them for longer than I usually do.

29 weeks and my belly button is out for good! A foam decorated snowman J made at preschool is hanging up in the back and all I can think about it that I'm glad I wasn't there when a bunch of 3 year olds were making that craft-especially my son!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it to 29 weeks!!! You are doing such a great job and your precious little girls are so fortunate to have you for their Mom. :) We are thinking of you every day and our positive thoughts are always with you, the girls, and your boys too. Have a wonderful time with your boys this weekend and be sure to give Jake a special "Hello" from the Duncan Family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I appreciate all of your warm thoughts and very sweet words! I hope you are doing well too!

      Delete
  2. You look great. Im so glad I got to come and see you today. I hope to come again soon!
    Alysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming Alysa! It was so great to see you and catch up with you! Can't wait to see you and your precious Crew again. I hope he is feeling better after his shots! :)

      Delete