We have been spending A LOT of time outside this summer. It has been a dream compared to last year. They are so much fun. They were kissing each other here (I might have prompted them....)
Brooklynn is fearless with water. I put a bucket out along with the baby pool and a water table and she insisted in crawling in the tiny tub. (Which is the same tub they both had their first bath and multiple baths afterwards in)
We eat lots of popsicles. Jake doesn't like anything cold to this day so I am LOVING that these girls will eat popsicles.
We went on a train at the petting zoo (the same train that put Jake over the edge just a year before). Tuesdays are my day with just the girls. It is a nice break and good for Jake to remember being at Kristi's house.
This picture cracks me up. Avery's face is too funny. She wasn't too impressed with the animals. It was more, "What are we doing here?" and "What are these things?"
But she was more than happy to try to touch a hen.
Remember this? Uncle Matt and Aunt Jeannie came to visit a couple weeks ago and it was wonderful. I haven't seen Matt since November and I was so excited. He was up to his usual shenanigans and wondering if he could swaddle as well as he did when we were in Mass last year. Brooklynn was not so happy.
Speaking of.....Brooklynn is obsessed with toilet paper now. Avery had her time and now it's Brooklynn's turn. It happened in a hot second! I cannot turn my back!
It has been so nice figuring out the "best" swim beaches around us. I have had so much fun this summer hanging on the best Colorado beaches we can find. I wouldn't trade these days for anything.
Every once and a while I still get a snuggle if they slow down enough. This is Brooklynn after waking up too soon.
Just relaxin with my ipad. He loves to take pictures of himself still but he is becoming more interested in apps which is awesome! He gets so mad if you lock him in an app!
Every picture is hilarious because no one is ever looking at the same time. Except Jake.
Three kids...well, four. Jake is doing this ear thing again. It is usually because it is too loud but them I started wondering if it is because he doesn't want to listen. Seriously. :)
Avery's scowl is so funny!
As usual, Jake is impressed/blown away by everything. The girls=not impressed
I love this one. The original three. We had such a great time showing Jake (lame) fireworks in front of our house on the 4th. He loved every.single.second. We got our money's worth with him. And while they were lame to us (fire ban) we had to remind ourselves that he was seeing this for the first time. In the past we haven't brought him to fireworks for many reasons (most because of his issues with loud noises/crowds). It was an incredible moment to spend with our best guy. I can't wait for next year!
Just one of the HUNDREDS of selfies that I find on my phone daily. He has his own ipad but mommy's phone is always the most forbidden device that he sees and always finds.
"Wow! You have your hands full!!" We heard multiple times on the trail.....no, we are just blessed. :)
Seventeenth date. This is an arranged marriage.
Splash park!
These are her first steps independently. She had taken a few steps weeks before but this is what she initiated all on her own on 6/22/13
This was at Wash Park today. She's all over this walking thing. :) I could scream with excitement! Avery is so happy to have someone to keep up with her since sister is starting to run. :)
Jake is still doing amazing things. He is now crawling up on every piece of furniture which gives him such independence. He has been so busy. He was fitted for new orthotics just a couple of weeks ago and they should be ready for pick up next week. I cannot wait to give him more stability. During therapy this past week he ROCKED his walker. He was all over the place and so happy to have all this space to roam. It is really hard to move on the asphalt and the sidewalks for him so it was nice to give him a big space to just GO. He was so happy. I need to get him to the mall to just go but them I have the issue of getting him in with his walker and then two other walking kids who always go in opposite directions (which is awesome-and I am so happy to have the hairy moments like this because THANK GOD we have walkers!). I think I need to ask for a handicap parking pass from his doctor at his 5 (YES F-I-V-E) year check up. Don't even get me started on that. We have a month and a half until he is a kindie. My baby. I need to blog more often because every time I wait this long and think about Jake I cry. I'm happy. I'm nervous. I want time to slow down. He brings me more joy than I knew was possible from one human being. This is love. Brother wants to kiss 700 times a day. He actually kisses now (no more open mouthed kisses sadly).
The girls are learning from Jake which gives me some hesitation. Jake loves the cars that you pull back and the wheels run. He pulls the cars back over and over and then puts it up to his ears because he loves the sound. The girls have seen him do this over and over-and so I watched Avery mimic this just yesterday. Avery says "Da Dieeeeeee" all the time the way Jake says "Buh Byyyyyeee?" Only time will tell. Avery is learning a ton. She does quite a few signs which is so exciting. She does more, please, all done, milk, help, and eat. Brooklynn is getting there but she'd rather whine. A girl after my own heart. :) I have three weeks left with these cuties and lots planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment