This Tuesday was a very exciting day because Jake got a new walker. It is bright green and very fancy--but the best part about it is that it is a step down in support from his walker that he got over a year ago. It looks like a walker that an older person might use only the bar is in the back and it has a seat that can be put up or down if he needs a little break. Allison brought it to the park and Jake didn't stop walking for 50+ minutes. I thought it was only 45 minutes but when we finally got back to the car long after the sun went down, it was nearly an hour--of NON-STOP walking. Who is this child? In the last week all he wants to do is walk from the couch to the coffee table (which is about 10-12 steps) over and over and over. I can't even keep up with him. Earlier this week we were getting ready for bed and Jake usually plays on his iPad until we are ready to read books and play a little while longer with just Jake and we found him downstairs in the dark, assuming the position of walking from the couch to the coffee table. This is just plain crazy!! I took a video of him walking (WITHOUT me waiting for him-but really just walking to the coffee table alone) and he fell and caught himself with his forehead-OUCH. He has a nice big shiner on his forehead. What did he want to keep doing? Walking, of course.
Today I got a note in his back and forth book that said "Jake is really moving around like crazy! He is on his knees and walking between chairs independently. He is so motivated!" Again, WHO IS THIS CHILD? I could just cry thinking about him. He is such a beautiful little person. I can truly say from the bottom of my heart that this is all him. He has taken off.
I can't believe that it is the middle of November! Halloween was just yesterday, I swear. Halloween morning was a bit crazy-I dressed up as Ms. Frizzle and Jake had his parade that morning. I do love the pictures that I got. They were all adorable.
Little friends.
Avery was not having any part of smiling. No matter how hard we tried to get her to smile. Of course Jake couldn't STOP smiling. Thank you to my friend Cheryl for letting us love her homemade raccoon costume she made for her kids years ago! It was special to put Jake in that costume!
Jake's best buddy at school. His name is Randy and I am so thankful that he takes the time to say hi to Jake and play with Jake. And our little man lights up when we ask him about Randy.
Pure terror. Including Cam the Ram.
I'm torn with which one is my favorite. They're all awesome.
We went to the CSU game last weekend and we had such a great time! The girls loved every second of the day-tailgating and them playing at the game. It was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be. We had so much fun. I can't wait to make this a tradition.
Next up, Thanksgiving and more and more walking. These kids are just amazing. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment