Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Still Growing!
I had a growth ultrasound yesterday. I always look forward to seeing these babies and how big they are getting. Baby A grew from 3 pounds to 4 pounds 2 ounces! She gained 1 pound and 2 ounces in 2 weeks! Holy cow! That is one big and growing baby. Baby B is still a little peanut but she is still growing, which is the most important thing. She grew from 2 pounds 6 ounces to 2 pounds 14 ounces-just shy of 3 pounds. She gained 8 ounces in 2 weeks which has been her norm. Because of the huge growth spurt of baby A the difference was a little shocking. They are now 30% different with their weight-up from 18% two weeks ago. I had a little melt down about it yesterday but I am feeling so much better today. I was just wondering why she wasn't growing as much as baby A and then of course I was so concerned too-even though I was reassured that everything is still going well and we won't be changing the course of action. I will keep on being monitored and I will have another biophysical ultrasound next Tuesday and another growth the Tuesday after that (the week of my c-section). If she isn't growing well based on that ultrasound, they might deliver earlier in the week instead of waiting until Friday. They feel like they can control growth more effectively with her on the outside versus gambling with her growth on the inside. I am going to ask my doctor more about his opinion when I see him on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment