Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to school

Well, this happened pretty quickly! It's official-I'm back to school. The first 4 days are all teacher days so it is nice to ease into a routine...especially in the morning. This morning was a little tricky. I had forgotten all of the things that I need to do and get before leaving. I was well planned out for the kids-I guess that is what matters. It wasn't hard to leave the girls this morning. Heather had asked me if I was nervous about it and I can honestly say that I have NEVER been more at ease. I know they're in the best hands in the world and they will be well loved and taken care of. Really, going back to work is like a frickin vacation for me! ;) Jake was the one carrying on this morning. Little turkey starts crying 4 blocks away from her house. I kept telling him that he is going with sisters today instead of by himself. He didn't care. I texted Kristi a hour and a half into her day with them and she said things are going well! She said they're adorable (obviously), everyone loves them (naturally), and Jake could care less (I figured). I know she is going out of her way to make Jake feel special though and she wouldn't ever forget to let him know he's the favorite. I love her so much. She said the girls were playing on the floor holding and eating each other's hands. Awww...so cute. When people at work have been asking if it is hard to come back or how I'm feeling I am having a hard time not sounding too excited about being back. I don't want them to think I haven't enjoyed my time with my kids--it's just that not many people truly understand how much work it is and how excited I am to have a break--even if it means coming to work! Kristi's daughter told me yesterday when I was dropping stuff off that Brooklynn (who was with me) was giving her baby fever-I told her to wait until today and experience both girls and I'd check with her on how that baby fever is doing when I pick them up....I'm guessing it'll go away really quickly! They are so excited to have the girls there. Kristi scooped Brooklynn right up yesterday to show her off to two parents who were there getting their kids. Everyone knows the twins are coming! She was cute saying, "And this one is the little one! Can you believe it? Look how adorable!" She told me she was going to have a hard time not holding them all day because she doesn't want to create monsters for either one of us!

Jake goes back to preschool August 22nd and I am really looking forward to the structure and fun for him. I know it'll be an adjustment but I'm really glad he is starting at the same time as the rest of the class since he had to wait until the very beginning of September last year. I am glad I get to be a part of the beginning of the year stuff-back to school night and all.

Right now the girls and Jake are getting their first cousin! I have looked at my phone now less than 5,000 times today to see if #1) updates about Kelley and #2) how my kids are doing. Today is a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment