Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FIELD DAY!!

The last weeks of preschool are wrapping up. Next steps are in place and while I don't love change and transition almost as much as Jake, it's happening. 

I was SO lucky to be able to go to Jake's field day May 7th this year. There are things I cannot miss and this was one of them. I was so excited walking up to see J. I saw him getting off the bus (love!) and heard his voice yelling in the gym before the rest of his class got there (I know the happy scream anywhere!!). I walked in and he took a double take at me. He couldn't believe I was there. I was very torn between letting him be a kid in class and letting him be my boy-then again, he's my baby and who cares right?!

So once his class was there, I helped him out of his stroller to sit on the ground, listen to directions, and then I helped his teacher get him up and started on the obstacle course. He freaked out. Not just a little-a LOT. He screamed, kicked me, cried, threw the biggest fit ever-for like FIVE MINUTES. Not a lot of time unless you are so freaking embarrassed. Five minutes was a lifetime. And it didn't help that his teachers all individually came to tell me they have never seen him act like that ( YAY! OMG-thank God!) I thought about leaving but then stood in the far back so he couldn't see me through 50 parents and he bowled and shot a basketball and was fine. I came up and knuckled him (favorite thing ever) and he was all good. We went outside-and he was happy. Lots of parents in the class know him and so they were all cheering him on. I heard "Jake always gives me a hug/high five/knuckles" a dozen times. He's such a love. It was the best. I am so happy that I was able to spend field day with him.






Oh hey, Mom! (when I came out of hiding)



Love affair with basketball. 


This makes me so happy. They accommodate everything for Jake (and other kids). But it still hurts a little. 








Getting his BLUE ribbon for FIELD DAY!




Love this boy. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment