If you have spent anytime with Jake, you will know his favorite past time is taking pictures of himself. In fact, his ipad that Nana and Poppy got him has about 9,450 pictures of himself (and the carpet and the ceiling and the wall, etc.). He is loving apps more and especially likes the books by Sandra Boyton that read to him and each one of the characters do something (If you have kids I HIGHLY recommend these books!). He loves to play the piano and to play with an app that has a school bus that does all kinds of things. He always gets a kick out of the small things.
Buddy has been busy. He has been working hard during therapy (even if the entire staff knows to take a break during his sessions because he SCREAMS for over half of it). He doesn't love to work. He never has. He likes to do things on his own time and is perfectly happy walking in his walker. Just don't touch him. It's really hard because he is "that kid" and I don't know how to stop him. I have tried everything--his ipad, photo album, books, my phone (gasp!) and he just doesn't fall for it. He refuses to be touched and stretched. It is also a little embarrassing because I have always prided myself on knowing what to do in those situations but it's because Jake is usually so easy going.........it's been a rough summer. I am so thankful for these two little girls. They have been his motivation, his reward, his joy. They are just what he needed. And not one....but two. We are so lucky.
Less than a month until we meet Jake's teacher and drop off school supplies. I'm so nervous.
Jake's room finally got a proper makeover. All BRONCOS and he loves it!




No comments:
Post a Comment