Thursday, November 21, 2013

Avery

It gets a little challenging to get the time to separate the twins and spend time with them by themselves. This will be something that we will battle our whole lives but small moments when we get to see their personalities apart are so wonderful.

While I hate that Avery caught the stomach bug first. It was nice to spend time (after the HOURS of puking in the middle of the night) with just my girl the next day. She was cuddly and so darn sweet. She is a book lover. She cannot get enough of books. She wants to be read to morning noon and night. This makes me so happy. She's been moving "Frosty the Snowman" for months now but then her love of listening to books and pointing out everything in a book has just flourished. A blanket and a book-this girl is happy. She is really chatting up a storm and has tons of word now. I see her mimicking tons of actions and sounds. When I picked her up today she said "Kristi" and it makes my heart so happy. She loves Kristi and Dave. I am beyond thankful for these two people who take such good care of our kids and really truly love them like their own. She is so sweet. She is my cuddler. She will always say "mama" and "dada" when you ask her to. She loves Jake. She seems to be more concerned about Jake than Brooklynn. Avery is a mama lover and I can't help but love this.

She loves her shoes. She has pink Converse-which are so tiny and adorable-but the girl wants them on all the time. The easiest way to get her ready in the morning is to ask her if she wants her shoes one. She shakes her head and says, "Ya." She knows when to come and be funny and she knows when to be kind-but she is also 21 months. Sister doesn't hesitate to yell when she is in the middle of doing something and she gets interrupted.

Avery is a bit organized. She will spend 20 minutes laying out washcloths and blankets. She lines up magnetic tiles and is so proud of herself (until someone comes and ruins her work). She is just like her dad. He often says, "Gee, I wonder who she got this from." She loves kleenex and will walk around to each family member and wipe their noses.

We went to a birthday party for a 1st grader in my class last weekend and she got a wipe for her hands and face and the girl wiped off every stool and part of table she could reach for 20 minutes. AND then she got the stomach flu. Awesome.





I'm so proud of my girl. She is allowing me to enjoy parenthood in a way that I "thought" I would experience it. She is such a kind little soul. I am beyond blessed to call her mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment