Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer!

Sisters swinging. They naturally put their arms around each other. 

We have been to some wonderful splash parks!



Jake still doesn't like popsicles but always wants to try one. 

And then gave it right to Brooklynn.

My new favorite relaxation time. Getting a pedicure with popsicle sticks. 

Our morning routine three days a week is to wait for the bus at the end of the culdesac. He laughs and laughs and then jumps off the ground when he sees the actual bus pull up. I love this part of the day. The girls watch from the front door of our house and so far have only shut the door on me once....on the day the bus was 15 minutes late....by the time I made the decision to go and get them I ran into the house to see them both with their diapers off, pee on the floor, and saying "UH OH MOMMY!!" Sigh.....

While Jake goes to school we have done some fun trips to the zoo for a couple of hours. 

We watched a 15 minute bird show and they were soooo wonderful while waiting and as soon as the show started they were throwing a fit. I gave them each a wipe and they cleaned the floor, the nasty bench, and then their faces. At that exact moment I felt myself thinking 'here is another time I would have said "I will never.." before kids but now, ugh, anything to keep them quiet right now'. Not our finest moment but they were quiet and I actually got to enjoy the show. I tried not to look at the faces of the people around me. Twins are another breed. 

This was my biggest mistake so far this summer. I decided to take all of the kids on a walk on the canal in the afternoon (it was scorching hot) with the dog. It was ok walking for the first 30 minutes because the kids were super quiet with their snacks and drinks. Then they got hot, wanted out, dropped Brooklynn's damn monkey and a runner came back to bring it to us, then ran out of water-and then we I had to walk all the way back with more hills while convincing the girls to stay in the wagon and not snap at each other. It was a terrible idea. 

We went to the zoo as a family too. It was super fun except the girls would NOT stay in the wagon. They wanted to pull it or walk by themselves. They were being typical toddlers and it was humorous. 

This monkey came up to Brooklynn when we were there earlier in the week too! I was holding her up so I wasn't able to take a picture until we went as a family and I got this gem! She likes her kind. (And naturally she also has her monkey with her)


Her outfits are too much. She picked this out on her own. And also hates to have her picture taken. 

Case in point. 





Avery also has interesting choices of clothing. She wore this hat the entire afternoon yesterday. So funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment