I never thought I would be writing this about Jake but he is BALANCING and staying in one place for 3-5 seconds without moving his feet like he is dancing!!!!!! WHAT????? He has been Mr. Fancy Feet for a while where he backsteps to get his momentum up again to move forward. Just this week--he stays in one place with his feet firmly planted. I cannot contain my excitement. :) He even does well when he is not in his orthotics. Always amazing us-never ceasing to outgrow all of the boundaries I thought he might have.
Brooklynn had an OT consult earlier this week and got the green light. She is doing super well. She strings tiny beads on to a string with such patience. Just like Katie, the OT Kelly saw Jake years ago and was so wonderful and genuine when asking about our boy. They are both so patient, understanding, and incredibly inclusive with both Jake and Avery when the appointment is truly about Brooklynn. Avery is also on track with OT. They both love to color, paint, eat tiny foods, and are very accurate in general with fine motor skills. Next step is having the Village assess Brooklynn (Avery will be assessed too just in case she qualifies for an IEP for speech too) late October, early November. If one or both will qualify then they will have preschool paid for/we will pay for the other one. Katie (speech therapist) has suggested that they are in separate classrooms.....this makes me sad while I totally get it too. Avery has the potential to be bossy with Brooklynn and therefore Brooklynn relies on Avery for a lot of modeling and guidance. (Love this in some ways but in other ways it is very tricky)
For now things are great! Jake has his 6 year check up on Monday and I am anxiously awaiting seeing how much this guys has grown. No signs of loose teeth---and I am still super curious if he actually has the vampire teeth that he never got in. All three have a dentist appointment the week of Thanksgiving so we will see.
Asking for some good positive thoughts for my fur niece, Paisley who was hit by a car yesterday and broke a vertebrae. She is doing well and proving to be a fighter little puppy. This little girl is clearly something special and her parents need some positive thoughts and prayers too.
No comments:
Post a Comment