After camping with Uncle Mike and Aunt KJ earlier in the summer and having the kids LOVE their tent, I asked Aunt Han if she wanted to do a girls-only (if you know how my husband feels about camping then you'll understand why I left him out of this little trip) camping adventure! She already had a planned trip to the Sand Dunes with one of her friends so we tagged along. It was so much fun. The girls were mostly good in the car-it was a long drive and while I was prepared, you forget how long 4 hours actually is. Brooklynn has the smallest bladder on the planet so I knew that would be an issue and require us to take our time getting there. It was windy when we arrived Friday night and Meghan and I died laughing trying to set up her tent. By the time we got to mine, I realized we were missing an important part-the stakes. So Avery, Brooklynn, and I all snuggled up in the back of my car and it couldn't have worked any more perfectly actually.
Saturday we adventured all around the Sand Dunes and according to my Fitbit, we walked over 7.5 miles that day (in the sand) and the girls had to do more because they didn't slow down at all. They complained for a while and then eventually came around had the best time. They were the best entertainment even during a rain storm that DUMPED on us. They will be ready for more adventures next summer. I'm so glad that Aunt Han puts up with the good, bad, and the ugly with me!






No comments:
Post a Comment