Thursday, July 1, 2010

So much to update!

First let me just say I am so sorry for being such a loser the last month! Between Nana, Poppy, and Nanni's visit for Memorial Day, the end of school, Father's Day, and Aunt Kelley and Uncle Oumar's visit-we have been BUSY!

Memorial Day was wonderful! It was so nice to have Nana and Poppy here for the long weekend but we also got to see Nanni and Stephen's graduation form high school! It was a very fun weekend filled with some great pictures that I will treasure forever. The older our little man gets the more I find that I can look at all of his pictures for hours. He has grown so much in the last few months mentally and physically. He looks like such a little boy ( and his new haircut adds to it!). Jake was SOO happy and smiley all weekend. It was so nice to share him with Nana and Poppy and Nanni when he was in a happy mood versus feeling yucky in Miami for Christmas. I tell everyone who comes that it is so refreshing to have other people see him who haven't seen him in a while-it confirms what we know-he is developing so much! He especially loves when people clap for him (0r even better 4 people all clapping for him AT THE SAME TIME! It puts him over the top every time and into a fit of giggles and snorts!). When Nana and Poppy left J expected us to clap for him every time he stood up and would look around to make eye contact with us before clapping for himself-as if to say, "Ummmm, didn't know if you were noticing, but I'm standing up, so you'd better clap!" We also had a dance party which he loved! Shakin' his thing must be in his nature. For those of you who have had the pleasure of witnessing the "Russell Shuffle" (Bobby's signature dance move) J-man is not far off. :)

Speaking of fathers, I don't think I can ever think it or say it enough-Jake is the luckiest little boy to have Bobby as his dad. Bobby is such an amazing daddy. He is such a natural. There is nothing better than to overhear a conversation that he has with J about how much he loves him and thinks the world of him. Makes my heart swell every time. Jake gets crazy excited to see Bobby when he gets home every night. (And of course Bobby is equally, if not more, excited to see little man) Bobby will do ANYTHING to make J laugh-which makes us all laugh. I always knew that he would be the best daddy but words cannot describe how lucky we are to all have him as Jake's daddy. He is going to teach him so much as he grows up. He is a great role model and will continuously and always do everything to make the best life he can for Jake. The love and special bond that those two have is indescribable. Thank you Bobby for being the best daddy to our little special boy. You are an amazing dad and I hope you know how much we both appreciate you! Love you!

Lucky for me I am now on summer break for 5 weeks!!! As usual, this is the best perk of my job! I am enjoying it already. We have made a trip to the aquarium, the park, the library, and have gone swimming in the baby pool. (All this in 4 days!) Little one is getting quite the toddler attitude on him! This morning I was feeding him yogurt and he was laughing, laughing, laughing-I have no idea why but before I knew it he reached forward and grabbed the bowl and it feel out of my hand and landed upside down. You would have thought I did the funniest thing in the world-he could not stop laughing!! (Which in turn makes me laugh. Probably not the best thing to do when I am trying to stop him from doing things but what can I say?!) After that he was obsessed with biting the wrapping on the cereal bar I was giving him-which made him crack up again! Needless to say it was very easy to entertain him today! He has been loving his books still-and he will literally sit in a pile of books for 45 minutes and be happy as can be. I'm so lucky to have a kid that likes books-it must be in his genes as well!

Lastly, Aunt Kelley and Uncle Oumar were here for for a long weekend and saw Jake for a little bit. Wouldn't you know that in the middle of the night while we were all living it up-he decided to wake up and join in on yet another dance party! He was ready to party at 12:00! Really I think it was just so he could spend more time with his aunt and uncle.... :) We had a wonderful weekend and it was so good for Jake to see them. He has a book filled with pictures and we put one of Aunt Kelley and Uncle Oumar and he keeps looking at it and giggling. He is in love!

For the 4th of July we will probably just hang out at home. While I'd love to show him fireworks, I think that it would be safer and easier to just stay at home. I am flashing back to last year when we went to the Rockies game with Uncle Joey and when J saw the fireworks it was like he was thinking, "So THIS is what happens every night when I go to bed...I'm staying up late from now on!" I promise to update more soon. We were lucky enough to skip therapy this week and it was a welcome gift for all of us. He is just trucking along and we can't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment