Wednesday, December 5, 2012

We're 9 months old!

Another month has passed. How has this happened? I can hardly believe that I am writing this again. My tiny babies just turned 8 months so how did these last 30 days pass so quickly?

I am in constant awe of these two. The are figuring each other out. They see each other and smile and babble. It's short of unbelievable. I have been blessed with the most amazing little girls in the world.

Avery is 15 pounds 10 ounces (8%) and she is 27 1/4 inches long (45%!!). Avery is rolling every.where. Seriously. She's on the move all the time and showing a little bit of sass. She takes toys like mad from Brooklynn and when she gets toys taken from her or she is touched by brother and she isn't in the mood she fusses and throws a fit. Do 9 month olds do this? She is rocking while she is sitting and wants to move constantly. I think real crawling is right around the corner but I am trying not to get ahead of myself. 

Brooklynn is 12 pounds 8 ounces (-3%) and 26 inches long (10%!) Brooklynn is a beautiful and mellow soul. After a bout of testing Kristi's patience last week, she has gotten it out of her system and is back to herself. Sister feels good. She's pivoting all over and sitting so well. She only tips over when she is reaching so hard for a toy. Therapy is going so well. She is learning so much (and so am I). She has already made so many gains from just 4 sessions. She gets knocked over by sister, brother, and the dog so often and she just keeps going. She's so easy. She was meant to be in this wild family to ground us and help us remember how to just be.

Both babes are eating well. They got the go ahead at their last appointment to eat everything except shellfish, tree nuts, and honey. Holy cow. Where do I start?!

Sleeping sucks. More than sucks. They are awful. They might sleep for a stretch but they always wake each other up. We have tried to let them cry it out but honestly we are either up listening to them cry or feeding them and getting them back to sleep quicker. This twin thing is hard work. We have tried everything. We are worn out. If I could juuuuust get a good night sleep I might feel better. Sometimes I feel like I am going to have a mental breakdown. For as little sleep that we get, we are doing pretty freaking well.

Less then three weeks until Christmas! My parents are coming for Christmas and I cannot wait! This is such a busy time of year and we still have so much planned. I don't want it to go too fast but it is already flying by. Tonight I am feeling thankful for my family. Recently i have heard so many stories of heartbreak-especially with tiny kids. I keep thinking that I am so lucky and I am feeling so thankful for my beautiful children. All million of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment