We had his two year check up on Monday! He weighs 29 lbs (65%) and is 32 inches tall (95%)! Proof that this little chunky monkey is growing up and not so chunky anymore! We were there for 1 hr. and 45 min! I love Dr. Sachs because he takes his time with us and explains everything. Most importantly, he is so willing to go through all of the papers and test results that he gets from Children's hospital. We have a ton of follow up appointments coming up. One is to the dentist-not a follow up but something he needs to get done. He is missing his teeth that are on the other side of his two front teeth, he has some odd coloring on his molars (even though I never, never, never miss a night of brushing), and Dr. Sachs thinks that the shape of his vampire teeth could be a sign of something-or not-but it is worth checking out. He is going to be seen at Children's dentist so that if it is something significant, all of his information will be in the same system. Sigh....They don't have any appointments until November 15th so we'll be waiting for a bit.
He also is going to the ENT and hasn't seen her since last December. He has had one of his tubes fall out of his ears but one of them is embedded in wax. Yuck! He needs to have it taken out and either they can do it in the office or they will have to put him under to do it. Obviously we are PRAYING that she can take it out in her office. She *might* feel the need to put tubes back in but I hope not. If so, at least I know it isn't as big of a deal anymore! It will be good to catch up with her as well. He hasn't had an official sleep study to exit the use of the O2 so I will probably try to get him in to do that. Maybe she'll even let us do one at home. The appointment is October 15th.
Lastly, I got to read the report that was sent over from Children's about his scoliosis diagnosis. Oddly enough, Dr. Sachs didn't see any scoliosis on his spine when looking at him in the office-as I have not seen the same thing I was shown when we were at Children's. Then when I read the report with Dr. Sachs it clearly says that there was no scoliosis in the x-ray but there was scoliosis in the clinical evaluation of Jake but then it later says that there was no real conclusion that could be made. Instead the dr. said he needed to see the spinal surgeon to prevent further progression of scoliosis (who Dr. Sachs knows and has worked with before). Throughout the entire report the dr. conflicted with what she said again and again. So we were given a diagnosis that felt overwhelming and devastating and it might not even be accurate?! So we have some good news but who knows what will really come of it until we see the spinal surgeon on November 4th.
That's all! He has been given some wonderful gift so THANK YOU so much again for your generosity and love for him. He will be looking so good in his new clothes while he is playing with all of his toys and reading his books!
No comments:
Post a Comment