Friday, November 26, 2010

Phew!!




Such a rough day Wednesday! J-man was such a trooper. His MRI was tough. Lucky for us we had Uncle Mike as a distraction for and hour and a half until they came to tell us they had to stick him 15 times until they got the IV in and could start the MRI. So an hour and a half later he was out of the MRI and back in the room. He clapped as soon as we saw him but then the excitement soon wore off. He was a mess for most of the afternoon. He had a REALLY high fever. I took the thermometer out at 103.2 because I was terrified. We gave him a cold bath, he had children's tylenol in his system and was burning up. It was scary. He was out of it and so sleepy and lethargic. We called the dr. and they said to bring him in but we waited to see if it had gone down within the hour we called. (His fever started at 1 and we called at 5:30) He had a fever of 101.7 when he went to bed (in our bed) and slept until 2 am in a pool of sweat. He was happy as a clam at 2. He was grabbing my hair and my shirt and talking non-stop until about 2:30 when we put him in his own bed. Yesterday he was awesome! He was back to himself. Now all we do is wait........ I'll be sure to update when I get the news. I think Monday will be the day but who knows. Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for and this is just a testament of how precious and rewarding life can be. We are so thankful for everything we have and all of our family and friends. Thank you for always supporting us. We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment