Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sighhhh, we can relax!

I finally got a call from the orthopedist at Childrens today! No scoliosis! He does have infantile kyphosis. I tried to do a link but all of the google results were a bit scary and he has lead me to believe that Jake will eventually grow out of it! I asked over and over again, "Now, can you explain it to me again?" and "One more time?" He was very patient and I said thank you a million times but then thought-wait, he is a pediatric doctor. He should expect to have to explain things over and over and in different ways. I mean, we are talking about precious little ones. So for a while we get to relax. Interestingly, he had no idea about TheraTogs. Strange. His orthopedist who got the TheraTogs for him (not associated with Childrens) said that in the therapy room there are tons of TheraTogs hanging in a closet. Huh.

So tomorrow (a day early!) we are going to see Santa! I will update the pictures soon. Should be good! Little spunky man was hilarious tonight! I tried to get him to eat canned green beans, which was a suggestion from my friend, and he put one in his mouth and made a nasty face before trying to feed them to me. He took it out of his mouth to give it to me. I am a good sport-but not THAT good. I ate one off his tray making the, "MMMMMMM, that's sooo good!" expression and he was not buying it. He took one look at me, grabbed a huge handful and threw it on the floor. We'll try again in a couple of days. I had some cookies I brought home for Bobby from work and I walked by him but no luck, he saw and threw a fit until I gave him a small piece. :) He did eat a few bites of chicken which is unheard of. Small celebrations-and I mean small!

He is playing peek-a-boo and has been for a long, long time. He hides his eyes with one arm and it is very cute but finally he has figured out how to hide himself with a blanket! He is usually able to put it over most of his own head (the arm length/head size ratio is still so totally off) but if you aren't paying attention he is trying new things to get you to watch him. It is so fun to see connections being made and light bulbs going off all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment