Monday, December 20, 2010

Yay!




I am in shock-Jake finally, finally, finally drank out of a straw tonight! Now, this might not be a big deal if we weren't working on this for the last year but...as most things go, it takes a lot of time and effort before one day it just clicks! He has been sucking out of a straw for a while and we even had it upside down while he was sucking out of it (picture your finger covering the end so it doesn't pour out). I said to Bobby tonight, "I just don't get why he won't just DRINK out of a straw." So he suggested I just try and wouldn't you know it-he did it!!!!!!!!!! We were both freaking out and so excited for him! So I tried again with some more water and he did it but didn't want more water so I tried it with some milk and he did it again and again. He isn't used to drinking with his head straight forward instead of extended up for his sippy cup. He would sip, sip, sip and then smile and laugh while the milk poured out of his mouth. I decided that just for tonight we would just celebrate that he is drinking out of a sippy cup and we'll worry about the mess and how funny he thinks it is later! Maybe I'll even catch a video of it tomorrow because in case I forgot to mention----I have TWO weeks off! He has lots of therapy coming up and he is getting his Taos walker on Wednesday (a week early)!! I will be sure to have lots to share soon. We hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment