We had the most incredible trip to Florida to visit Nana, Poppy, and Uncle Joe. It was just what we needed. We came back refreshed, a little sun-kissed, and full of lots of good stories to talk about.
Jakey was an angel on the plane. We were very. very, very worried about how the flight would go-but he was PERFECT! We brought the car seat for the ride there and ditched it for the ride home. He was so excited to have a whole seat to sit in. Although I still see him as such a little boy, it was heart-breaking and very exciting to see him as such a big toddler. I forget sometimes how big he is. I must have said that so many times during the week. We were exhausted by the time we got to Miami because we had been entertaining him but he was just so wonderful. He is blooming into quite the social butterfly and he thinks everyone wants to be friends with him. He was peeking through the seats wherever he could and making friends. We would have just passed him right back but he would have freaked out! ;)
We had a week full of the beach, wonderful family, and a great break from therapy. It is always soothing to hear from everyone who doesn't see him as much as we do-just how much progress he is making. It feels like everything that we have worked on has been paying off a little. It is a fantastic feeling.
So, here are just a few of the over 150 pictures I took over vacation. I want to remember this vacation and just how important it was to our whole family. It is so wonderful to escape and have everything taken care of. Thank you Nana and Poppy for taking such good care of us last week. We had the most amazing time and can't wait until next time!
Last night he FINALLY waved to daddy when he got home! It was awesome. He usually just puts his hand out but now there is actual hand movement going on! Thinks are clicking in this little head. Also last night-I don't want to be too excited yet, but he said "mama" clear as day in front of both Bobby and me and he wasn't even crying! I have only heard some form of "mama" sounds from him when he is crying but the jury is out as to if it actually for mama or just saying that babble. Please oh please let this be the real thing-I am holding my breath and waiting for the tears! I just love my little cuddle bug.



No comments:
Post a Comment