Anyway, after seeing one of Jake's great-grandmas on Thursday we are headed to Nantucket for a week of fun with Bobby's wonderful family. I am so excited for his Aunties and Uncle to see him! Bobby and I always feel the best when our family (who doesn't get to see him too often) tells us how much the man has grown and developed (so if any of you are reading this before you see him, bring it on because we love it!) We are going to spend the week going to the beach and just hanging out enjoying our family. We are headed back to Boston afterwards for a couple more days to hit up a Red Sox game and see one of my good friends and her daughter too. I am so excited I can hardly wait!!!!
I am searching for new daycare since Jake has to be watched by someone/daycare that is in the Littleton Public School District so that they will transport him to and from preschool. This is the most stressful thing ever! I don't have any good recommendations so I am just picking out of the blue again. We had thought about doing a more formal daycare since he has only been watched in a home care setting but since he will be in a very formal setting for preschool and will only need a little care in the morning, lunch, and a nap, I am looking for someone who will just love him and make him feel comfortable. I know this is going to be a tough transition for him. Luckily, I start school before Jake does so that he can have a few weeks of transition to a new person before starting preschool. I am going to take off the first day of preschool with him so that I can drop him off and pick him up too. I am looking forward to seeing how all of this is organized....
Yesterday during therapy Jake flat-out refused to do anything at all. He wouldn't stand or walk or do anything. He wanted to be held and snuggled. In his defense he hasn't had a session like this in a long time and I had just woken him up from a nap because he was sleeping and we did the aquarium with some friends again yesterday. His new thing is sitting up in bed-BY HIMSELF!!!! He has worked on this transition or a long time and as usual, he does it in his own way which is the hardest way to to anything. He first started sitting up by using the pillow behind him and as s proud of himself! He bounces in his bed and laughs and claps and then cries when we leave the room. We have been really worried about him falling out of his crib but this has been going on for a week or so and we have to just let him sit up because he will not lay down when we try to get him to. Then we took the pillow away ( why this took us so long, I have no idea) and we were walking out of his room and sure enough he sat up even without the pillow-soooooooo happy with himself. :) So I was telling Allison, his PT, about it and as I was saying it he sat up from the floor!!!!!! I lost it! It is so exciting to see him doing these things that we have been working on for so long, all by himself. I could not feel more proud of my little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment