Friday, June 24, 2011

We love summertime!

 
We have been busy! We have been filling our days with lots and lots of walks! Great exercise for me and J-man loves to ride in the stroller and see all of the dogs on the trail! I am still mastering actually running with the jogger-it isn't pretty but hey, who's judging right? The balance and pushing (especially up the tiniest of hills) is exhausting. Luckily I have Bailey with me to help pull (a little)! We have been to the dog park with Aspen, my friend Heather's 10 month old black lab puppy. Jake just loves, loves, loves her! She is a kisser and never gets tired of playing so they are a match made in heaven! Aspen is going to come and stay at our house while her mom and dad are on their honeymoon so I am looking forward to all the entertainment and laughs I am sure to get in a few weeks!

 
This is the scene every night waiting for daddy to come home-it is his biggest and best fan club that greets him. It keeps Jake and Bailey busy for a few minutes and the excitement they both have when he pulls in is too much! My heart just melts thinking about it...


 
For Father's Day we took a long walk with the whole family and made some yummy dad-requested dinner! Jake has the best daddy who loves him so much. He has been such a blessing to me and Jake to have him in our lives. He is patient, kind, proud, funny, and always makes us feel so loved. It isn't easy dealing with some of the challenges that have been brought our way but Bobby has been the best partner to learn with. I love you, Bobby and you are the best daddy!
 
The preschool evaluation went great! They are so wonderful and really made me feel like Jake is doing so well. They could have easily talked about all the challenges and things he isn't doing but instead they made everything seem so positive. It is great to work with a team who I feel is very invested in creating the right environment for my little lovey. I guess that is why they do their job and why they are darn good at it! Thank goodness because I need people like that on our side. He will be going to the Village Elementary school in Littleton. He will be going Monday through Thursday 1/2 day in the morning. They will transport him by bus from daycare to school to and from each day-eek! His IEP meeting (to set his goals) will be at the beginning of August and I will meet his teachers and therapists. He will be in a class with 15 kids-1/3 of them have some type of special needs like Jake. He will get his "therapy" at school beginning at the end of August. He can only be transported to/from daycare that is in Littleton so for now I am on the hunt-again-for daycare. The Village gave me some good leads so I don't anticipate that it will be too hard to find care-I just have to make sure the place that I choose is equipped and ready to have a child with special needs-and it is strange that I have to be up front and honest with people who might possibly care for him but it is part of him and who he is so it is important. It is very important to me that while explaining that my son has special needs, it doesn't define him. The unknown sucks. Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment