We had the best vacation in the world. Jake loved every single second of it, but most of all seeing all of his family. It was truly the best (almost) 2 weeks ever.
We flew on a red eye and J stayed awake for about and hour and 30 minutes of the flight before finally crying and falling asleep. He was such a trooper. We saw Jake's other great-grandma in Webster and got some really good pictures of they two of them. I am so happy that we went and saw Great-grandma Paula. Then we hung out with Aunt Kelley and Uncle Oumar until Aunt Han arrived and we were on our way to meet Nana and Poppy in Nantucket. The island is breathtaking. It was perfect weather and the cottage where we stayed was just perfect. We have tons and tons of pictures (which I will upload tomorrow from my other computer) of being on the beach, being with our wonderful family, and just enjoying time together.
I think Jake's trip highlights were in the following order:
1. Uncle Oumar
2. Nana, Poppy, Aunt Kelley, Aunt Han
3. Eating lobstah
4. The BEACH! He is a beach, sand, and ocean kid
5. Driving the boat on our sunset cruise
6. The outdoor shower
7. Riding on the bike in the kid seat (this was toward the end of the trip)
8. Finally being able to sit up by himself quickly and go where he wanted
It was the best trip in the world. We had such a wonderful time sharing J with everyone. We couldn't have asked for a better way to spend 2 weeks. Thank you to Nana and Poppy for a wonderful week in Nantucket and Uncle Oumar and Aunt Kelley for having us to their place in Boston. We can't wait to spend more time all together next summer!
Little man got a cube chair from his therapists and just this weekend stood up from the chair to the table and held on for a while. SERIOUS SHOCK! I asked Bobby, who was standing by him, "Is he standing up?" (Fully expecting him to say, "No!") and Bobby said, "YES!" We did it over and over and over again this weekend. He is so funny. We will show him for a very long time the easy way to do something and he always picks the most difficult way to do things and he has to do them in his own time! I am using my patiences so much with this kid!
He started at a new daycare last week. She is beyond wonderful. I just love her. When we met her she kisses Jake on the head and she has 3 small dogs so Jake is in heaven. We were so lucky to be able to find her. She is just the most perfect fit ever. She even watches another little boy who will be in Jake's class and will be riding the bus to school with Jake. I still have no idea how it will be for him but for right now, he is getting comfortable at his new daycare before his world is rocked again by preschool. I am so nervous. Today I picked Jake up (after feeling awful because I forgot red dog at home) and she said that he didn't need his red dog today anyway because he is obsessed with the dog bone and so she got a clean one for him to hold onto all day and he had the best day yet. He is such a funny kid!
His last therapy session with his wonderful PT who has been with him for 2 years is next Monday. I can't believe this time is here. This is such a strange place that we are in right now. Anyway, I'll put pictures up tomorrow. For now, I am exhausted from smiling all day for get to know you conferences with my new class for this year so I am seriously settling in for bed-and it is only 7:40 pm. I'm in trouble!
No comments:
Post a Comment