I have debated emailing his teacher to ask about how he is doing. It is funny that I find myself hesitating "bothering" her only because I am on the other side of things and know how it can be to deal with "that parent". I already told them I am not "that parent" but I am starting to think I am actually that parent. This is so, so, so much harder than I thought it would be. I think I might feel better if I actually got to drop him off and pick him up and have the interaction with the teachers who are with Jake for 3 hours a day. It doesn't sound like much, but it is a freaking eternity. Anyway, luckily I have been distracted and haven't had a ton of time to think about it-with my own 27 kids running a muck. I resisted the urge to call Kristi (again) after the bus dropped him off today. This is a big step. Even though she doesn't mind at all (have I mentioned lately that I love, love, love, love her?) and she tells me I can really call all the time, I think I need to set boundaries for myself, as I could easily become that parent.
Luckily, as I have a second to sit down I just checked my email and YAY!! I got an email from his teacher! Here is goes:
HI!
Sorry I didn’t have time to send you a note yesterday!
Wanted to let you know that Jake’s days have improved thru out the week! He was happy most of the time today! Still got a little upset (crying) when we had transitions in class routine or transitions in adult support next to him. He interacted with toys independently for awhile today on the floor in the block area…and even had a peer come over and attempt to “play” with him. We got lots of smiles and waves today!!! So cute!
Snack appears to be one of his favorite times of day!!! It is mine also! Books seem to be a familiar comfortable activity. We are looking forward to getting to know him better as the days go on. Does he have any “self soothing” other familiar activities that you use at home to help him comfort himself????
Hope this helps!
We think he is adorable!So, I naturally emailed back an novel but I'll spare you in hopes of not making myself look bad. I am glad he has a three day break off of preschool but I know once Monday comes around we will be back to having a rough time. Luckily this weekend in ALL ABOUT JAKE! We will have a fun time celebrating the wonderful past 3 years that he has been here and has made everything more worthwhile. I feel this way all the time, but I cannot be more thankful for the precious little person he is. He has such a kind and sweet heart. I feel awful that he is scared and sad with these transitions but you know what, I feel that way too, he just doesn't know it. Thank for loving my little boy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment