Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Babies!

Not my babies yet......It's so fun to hear babies crying every once and a while here! They are the most adorable, high-pitched, brand new cry and I love it! I find myself stopping and listening and saying "Awww" out loud. I love it! I just want to know all the details!

The babies have been so good on the monitors. They have (knock on wood) been really easy to monitor and they have cooperated-for the most part. Baby A has been a rock star. She is showing off on the monitors with her accelerations and doing what they would expect 32+ week old babies to do! This means her central nervous system is well developed. :) Baby B is always tricky to keep on the monitors. She is doing what they would expect a 26-27 week old baby to be doing so she is right on track. She doesn't like to be touched with with monitors at all and she tries her hardest to get away from the monitors all the time. Things are going really well and the babies are both doing great. I'm not ready to meet them yet but it is so reassuring to hear them all the time and hear such good things about them from the nurses.

Jake is sick. Poor kid just gets knocked down with everything. If he didn't put everything in his mouth it might be easier for him to not get sick but what can you do? He is still developing with exploring his world so things go in his mouth-and sometimes I think he puts things in his mouth just because it is out of habit. In any event, Nana took him to the doctor this morning and he has lots of chest congestion and was prescribed antibiotics so hopefully he'll kick the awful cough he has and any other thing going on. The timing couldn't have been more convenient for once! Thank goodness Nana is here to help. She has been so wonderful and Bobby and I couldn't be more thankful that she is here and that Jake gets to spend time with her. Poppy will be here this weekend so hopefully "Poppy's lil' mate" will be feeling better by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment