Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life in the slow lane

Is slow...and I like it for now. The snow was beautiful yesterday. It could have something to do with the fact that I didn't have to go anywhere and that it made for the best nap in the world. The only anxiety I have is sleeping and drooling and having a doctor walk in-silly but something I think about when I am taking a nap. Monitoring has been late every night this week so I haven't ended up going to bed until 10:30 when I was going to bed at 8:30 when I was at home. I still rise and shine at about 7:30 though. Sometimes naps really mess you up but when you're pregnant I guess your body wants all the sleep it can get-the calm before the storm!

Yesterday I was weighed again (like I am everyday) and I was up another 1/2 freaking pound. Not to mention they weigh me in the hall so it's not like I can strip down or anything. I had just taken a shower and had a towel on my head (one about as big as a washcloth, I swear) and a nurse form Dr. Heyborne's office was just coming in for the morning and said to me as she walked by, "It's the wet towel, honey!" Yes, yes, that's exactly what it is. I much prefer being weighed at doctors appointments only.

I am dying to know how big these munchkins are! I have another growth ultrasound tomorrow and I am extra excited because Peggy gets to come-sans Jake-which makes everything easier! One of my nurses said I should ask for a 3-D picture of their faces and they shouldn't have a problem with that so I am going to ask-I just want to see them! I haven't had an ultrasound the last 2 days so I have been missing being able to see them instead of just feel them. Funny that most people only get 2-3 ultrasounds and here I am feeling sad that I haven't had one in 2 days!

Jake is back to school today after some needed time off with Nana so that he could feel better. He is such a little love and it is the best part of my day when I get to see his sweet face. He can be so silly wanting to hug and kiss. He knows he is just hamming it up too. I have been so lucky to see him so much this week since Nana has been here. It has made this week my favorite week!

 
27 weeks tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment