Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Locked Up: Hospital Edition, Day Two

 
Yesterday Bobby took this picture of me with Jake before we dropped him off in the morning at preschool. It was weird to think that they next time that I will be at home taking pictures with Jake there will be 5 of us in our family!

 
You can't really tell just how much stuff I brought to the hospital in this picture because some stuff was in the backseat too. I was worried that I would bring too much stuff-but everything has a perfect place in my room!

So I am trying to get settled into a routine-I think that will make everything easier. I was super excited to see the room service menu yesterday-and I even called my mom to tell her about it! So typical of me to be excited about that...but honestly they look like they have some yummy stuff. I am mostly excited because they have milk and cereal around all the time! It's the little things!
I figured out that I will be monitored 3 times a day and will have "roaming" ability around the hospital and even a little bit outside if I want. I am so glad that I am not on strict bedrest-but this bed is pretty comfy! I will have ultrasounds often to see their positions for monitoring and growth ultrasounds every week. It was nice to see them yesterday on the ultrasound machine. I found out that both of them are head down and facing each other-which is really sweet. The monitoring sessions on the other hand are not wonderful. I guess I thought that I would be hooked up and then they would come back and check later and move them around if need be. NO! The nurse is with me the entire time and pushing and moving my belly and the babies to try to get them to stay still so they can get a good read. These babies do not like to be pushed and monitored-instead of calming down and staying still, they do the opposite. I had a 3.5 hour session of monitoring yesterday from 12:30-4:00 and 7:50-9:20. They have to monitor them until they get a solid 20 minutes of decent readings. They are looking for decels in their heart rates. Baby A had 2 decels in her heart rate yesterday afternoon but bounced right back up and was fine in the evening. I guess everyday is going to have some kind of drama. Dr. Heyborne's nurse came to do a quick positioning ultrasound and told me that it will get easier when they get bigger. They are just little peanuts rights now (1 pound 11 ounces and 1 pound 5 ounces) so they have lots of room to move-which we don't want of course because of their cords tangling. Like I said, drama!

Jake had a good day yesterday at daycare and preschool. I was worried about him with the transition back to school but I guess it went well! Last night he had a good time with his daddy too. I tried to talk to him on the phone and got one or two kisses but he doesn't really get it. Today after work Bobby is bringing my little love up to see me and I couldn't be more excited!! I can't wait to see him. 

I am curious to see what today will bring. I thought I would have tons of time to read and watch movies and hopefully these monitoring sessions can become easier so that I can start some of the millions of things I brought to do! Thank you so much to everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment