Monday, April 30, 2012

Sweet

I am so thrilled that Brooklynn is finally over 6 pounds! She is 6.3 pounds to be exact. She gained 8 ounces in 8 days which is an amazing amount of weight gain for my little peanut. She has doubled her birth weight of 3.1 pounds. She is able to be on 1/32 of oxygen-thanks to my mom, Heather, and Grammy (Heather's mom) for doing her oxygen challenge while I was at work on Friday. Brooklynn is perfectly healthy and thriving. Feedings are getting easier with her and she is finishing all of her 2 ounces every 3-4 hours and not having as much dribbling. I am so proud of her because feeding her has been such a challenge for her. Avery weighs 8 pounds exactly! She is also doing a great job of growing! She is smiling more while awake but I am convinced that she isn't actually smiling at anything yet-she is more or less making faces but I think it is coming any day! The girls are a little behind because of their actual age-just 2 weeks at their appointment. They are both doing some tummy time each day-they don't love it but I am going through old Jake toys that I can pull out to entice them to like being on their tummy a little more. Both of them have a little flat spot on their heads-of course they are both in the same spot (their left side). No matter how hard I try to turn them away from their favorite side they always end up that way in the end.

The shots were awful. Both babies got 5 total and cried like I have never heard them cry before. It was heartbreaking. Avery went first and the nurse who did her held her to calm her down while the other nurse gave Brooklynn her shots. Poor babies. They just look at you like "what is happening?". I don't want to do this again. Ever. Avery doesn't go back to the doctor until she is 4 months old! Wow! Brooklynn has another appointment on Thursday to check her out-it's called a "preemie appointment". We are doing another oxygen challenge on Thursday-but this time it is a room air challenge! I am not getting my hopes up but oh boy it would be sooooo nice to have 2 babies off of oxygen! I'm really looking forward to this appointment.

 
I can hardly believe they are 2 months old!


 
I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends at work! Our awesome art teacher decorated this room for me for when I pump at work! She is an amazingly talented person and I am so thankful that she took care of me! Thank you KIM!! 

Tomorrow morning Jake has FIELD DAY! I feel so lucky to be able to go and cheer my little boy on as he does......I'm not sure what, but I will update! It is sure to be adorable I just hope that Jake will participate and not freak out because I am there! Never a dull moment around these parts! 

1 comment:

  1. I hate hearing about those darn shots. I hate them! Thats why Im avoiding going to the doc...bad mommy :)

    ReplyDelete