Friday, May 11, 2012

Somewhere close to normal

After 10 weeks I can finally say that our new "normal" is feeling more normal to me. It's not easy but it's our normal. Holy crap we have three kids. I am a broken record but I can't believe we have three kids. There will always be something going on at our house-and that is what I want-always to have something to do or someone to tend to. I love the chaos sometimes (most of the time). Jake is doing okay. His ankle wasn't broken. THANK GOODNESS! Can you imagine? A 35 pound kid who doesn't walk with a cast too? I think then I would have cried. Seriously. His ankle and foot are swollen and after 2 hours between doctors and x-rays, he has a bad sprain. He is still scooting around like the best of em' but I can tell he is still favoring the right side and staying off the left side. I hope this heals quickly because he cannot afford to miss anytime practicing walking. Next on our list for Jake is new orthotics and a new walker. We are trying to get our claims in before July 1st when Bobby's insurance starts over because we have already come very close to hitting our deductible. Damn, kids are expensive! If Jake isn't doing much better by Tuesday of next week, we go back in for my x-rays to see if they have missed a hairline fracture or something-so hopefully he'll be on the mend quickly.

Brooks had an appointment yesterday and she went from 6.6 to 6.11. Not great weight gain (she is on the lower end of what her ped calls "acceptable" weight gain 8/10 of an ounce a day) but gaining nonetheless. Each day she improves and it is getting easier to feed her. She wakes up and SCREAMS for food when she's hungry. Much like her sister. As you can imagine, sh*t hits the fan a lot around our house. All you can do is laugh I guess. I'm happy to see Brooklynn freaking out like that though. Each day she seems a little more with it. I still think overall she's more mellow than her sister. Avery has a cry that makes you think it is the end of her world. She does the lower lip thing too and it is a-dor-a-ble. ;) They are both crying real tears too-and once you see a big tear drop roll down their sweet chunky faces you know you are in trouble. Even big brother does it-but he has croc tears more than anything. Attention much? Sometimes we call his bluff and other times we go right over and remind him that he is our world. It doesn't take long or much to pacify him and he's back to his goofy smiling self.

This shirt is my shirt from when I was a little girl and went to a camp at Pee-Wee Farm in Fort Collins. I was extra cool because my mom added my name in fuzzy letters on the shirt too. Now it fits Jake! 


We've been lucky to have so much help with the girls-my mom for a couple weeks and then Nana and Poppy and Nanni for a week and soon enough it'll be daddy's turn! (I'm looking forward to that the most  :)  - and honey, if you're reading this, I'm happy that you get time with your two girls. It'll be hard but remember to laugh and when in doubt take a break and make a cocktail!)

This weekend the girls and I are going to my best friend Steph's bridal shower! I can't wait to celebrate with her. She is such a special person to me-and we have known each other for close to 29 years. She deserves all the happiness in the world and I am so excited for both Steph and Chris!

This week was teacher appreciation week and one of the parents in my class made these cake pops! We are the owl classroom and she was so thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment