So conferences were....interesting. Like I said, I always leave feeling AMAZING but last night I felt confused and a little defeated.
I'm not sure I have even really processed his conference but we (meaning all 5 of us) were there for an hour between meeting with Jake's regular ed teacher and all of his therapists-occupational, speech, and special ed. It was overwhelming. I left feeling more confused than when I got there. I am not sure where they are going with him or where I am going with him. I'm frustrated.
During group time he is blowing raspberries (or as they put it, "more like spitting"). Oops. Well done, Jake. Just kidding. He is testing his boundaries. Big time.
He's been a little stinker at home. He cries every time he sits at the table. He is frustrated. He is telling us in tears. We have to find a way to communicate with him more than what we have been doing. Buddy deserves more.
He is walking to and from the bus in his walker but they are bringing in a PT to work on his hips. I wish we could afford to have a PT for him...(cue crying to my mom on the phone about how I feel like I should be able to give more to my kids) My mom said, "Honey, you'll always feel like this." Lesson about parenting--check.
I'm feeling sad for him. I see him make strides all the time but I am feeling sad because he isn't catching on to the things that his teachers thought he would be catching on to at this point. We are kind of at square one and I don't like square one.
The best thing about square one, is that square two will follow, then 3, and 4 and the next thing you'll know you'll have lost track of what square you are on. Kimberly
ReplyDelete