Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A little bit if therapy

Last week Jake got his walker. He is rockin' it. He sits down when the seat is in place so I took it away pretty quickly. We took it outside on Thursday afternoon when we got home and he was so super motivated by chasing Bailey around (who to be honest was running like hell to get away from crazy man on wheels) our block. It was hilarious and I only regret not bringing a camera out with us. He isn't loving being strapped in after he's been at it for a while so I have had to settle with unstrapping him and letting him push it old-man-style for the last 10 minutes or so. Plus he figured out that if there is a decline he can lift his feet up and go fast. So I took him out of the strap so he can't do it anymore. If he could, he'd be saying, "Mooooooooom." (*in a complaining tone*) The thing about Jake is when he's done...he's done. He won't even budge to do just a little bit more-no matter how much fun you pretend it is. He isn't one to be fooled. He'll just sit his sweet bee-hind down and not move until you pick him up. I am not about to have a scene in front of our house so the whole neighborhood knows what is going on. He can scream bloody murder all he wants inside but not out in front of the entire world. Anyway, I sent it to school with him on Monday so that he can use it at school until Thursday and then they will send it home for the weekend. If he gets really good and reliant with it, we may take it back and forth every day but right now that sounds like a bit much. He needs to work on getting going on his own and he also needs to have enough power to motor on carpet. This will be out downfall. He only has a super tiny area to motor around at home and 3/4 of the area is taken up by a table and a little sister who likes to chase after him in her mini walker. I got an email day one and they said he did well at school. They also took the seat off STAT. :) His conference is tonight so I will get to hear more about how he is doing overall. I can't wait. I always leave feeling so proud of him.


Look where I can go now, Mom!! 





Brooklynn started therapy Monday night. She did so well. Who wouldn't love playing with all of the attention on just you! I got some great ideas that I can use for her and for Avery too. Brooklynn is working on core strength and balance. Avery is much stronger but she can also use the ideas that Allison gave me for Brooklynn. Last night I was able to get Avery up on all fours in crawl position! She held it for about 10 seconds. Avery just got her second tooth this weekend. She has been in a much better mood. Brooklynn on the other hand has swollen gums and is super fussy. I think her first tooth will poke through any second.

Making food has been so much fun. Last night Avery fed herself a puff 4 times! She has been trying for a week or so to get food into her mouth. It was so cool to see. I am so proud of her. I love how easy it is. She also ate Cherrios in milk for the first time too. She loves to munch on real food with her two adorable teeth.

It was hard to leave all of my babies today. They are so much fun to play with and to make them laugh. I am also super anxious to keep working on the strategies I learned from therapy. Plus Brooklynn babbled "da da" twice this morning.

This weekend is my brother's going away party. He is leaving next week. It's going to be such a fun last gathering...but I know it'll be sad too.


No comments:

Post a Comment