Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's February


...which means that in a few weeks will will have one year olds! I cannot believe how quickly these last few months have gone.

Everyone in our house under the age of four is doing spectacular things. I don't even know who to brag about first because they are all so amazing. 

Jake has been progressing so quickly. He is doing so many amazing things. He loves watching any kind of sport of tv-mostly football but has been exposed to basketball and hockey recently and is in love. He has his own sign for fooball (he looks like he is throwing a ball) and now for basketball too (he uses two hands and looks like he is shooting a hoop). Daddy taught him these signs. :) Love. Just a couple weeks ago I brought out some old blocks. We have had to take a break from cars. Cars were bring thrown, babies were crying, we were frustrated....so cars are on a time-out. We have brought out balls (same issues) and blocks (yes, same issues) BUT he stacked one on top of another a couple weeks ago. He tried and tried and tried and was easily entertained by the blocks for 30 minutes. That is until a certain sister...ahem...Avery...came over to "play" too. This is not allowed according to Jake. He throws a fit when she even looks at him sideways. When she has a toy however, he allows himself to take anything he deems as his own. Oh the joys of siblings. :) The following weekend he stacked 4 FOUR blocks on top of each other! He was so darn proud of himself. He would knock them down and do it again and again. It was awesome. Stacking things is another skill we worked for years (literally) on and he is getting it. I am so in awe of his development recently. He is using a walker that Aunt Kelley and Uncle Oumar got him years ago to walk on his knees all over the house. He does it because it is silly. (Oh and because Avery truly uses it-which is not allowed in Jake's book. Therefore if he is using it, she can't use it. It's calculated, man.) He's a crack up. Our attempt to discipline his is not going well. His spot used to be on the stair because he can't get down but that is out the window. He's just like Bailey. You send him to his spot and the next few seconds he's back with a massive smile and blowing kisses. Why is it so dang hard to stay serious and firm with him. 

Brother loves his helmet and jersey.


We are s-l-o-w-l-y introducing the potty. This picture cracks me up. Argyle socks and the book. It happened. 



Avery is pulling up on everything and anything she can get her hands on. As soon as I get homework for Brooklynn for therapy, I try with Avery. It's a nice little system. Avery is cruising around furniture and the coffee table. She loves to climb over pillows and legs. He favorite thing is to pull up on something, turn to where you are sitting and launch herself to you. This is the least safe game I can think of but I don't want to let her fall. She just giggles and giggles. She is walking with the push toy...although she looks like a drunk sailor. She is so fast when she army crawls that she usually crawls right out of her pants. It's pretty funny. She has been on her hands and knees rocking a lot this last week so maybe she will crawl after all. Just this weekend she let go of the push toy and stood without holding anything. It's been pretty amazing to see her progress and that it only takes a few times to show her before she gets it. I showed her how to go up the stairs earlier this week. Mistake. She hasn't gone over to them too much though so we are lucky for now. She's my snuggle bug. She loves to give kisses and loves to be held with her blanket while she falls asleep. This is something I indulge her in a few times during the weekend because it is my favorite thing too. I just love this little girl. 



Avery's face are to die for. 


Pulling up on anything she can!



Tonight she had her first Oreo. Loved it. Just like brother. 


Brooklynn is amazing. She has progressed faster than any of the other kids. She is doing incredible things. SHe has been moving now for a while but she is so close to putting crawling all together. She uses her arms straight and pulls her legs behind her but throws in a few moves in crawl position too. Her therapist is so happy with her progress! We have been working really hard. The other things she has been doing is beginning to cruise on furniture. This is still pretty hard for her but she will do a few steps both sides. She has been pulling herself on her knees and with the tiniest bit of help will stand up fully on anything. Well, wouldn't you know that last night I turned away from the open dishwasher to put something away and I turned around and said to Bobby, "Oh look!" Avery had pulled herself up SUPER quickly and was standing fully at the dishwasher. I thought she looked different and in a split second it hit me....IT WAS BROOKLYNN!!! I scooped that little peanut up and snuggled and kissed her and we both cheered for her so loudly!! She gave us the most beautiful smile in the world. Obviously very pleased that she made us so happy. I couldn't have been more shocked because Avery had just done it by herself onto a stand up toy this past weekend. Don't count the peanut out of it! She's my little miracle. He smile just melts my heart. I feel so in love with her and so proud of her. I love her spirit. You can just tell she is sweet and mellow. She was put in our family for a reason.

So tiny still!
                                     



Rocking her mohawk. 


Yes, enjoying mommy and daddy (who have had a beer or two)! So happy!



I keep telling myself that I wouldn't need to write so much if I updated more but things are a little busy now. WIth the babies on the move, we have to keep a constant eye.

Sleeping has been wonderful this past week. Brooklynn slept 5 nights in a row through the entire night. Avery is still waking up once but then had one night where she slept until 4. Last night both girls were up twice so who knows but I am hoping that our sleeping trend will continue. It's been heaven.






Things went downhill. Fast. This sequence of pictures was 30 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment