Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And another one

Three moving in our house all the time. Plus Bailey makes four. It's non-stop chaos and I love it all. Brooklynn is our shining star this week because she started army crawling forward!!! We have been working on this for months now and she all of a sudden did it by herself this weekend! She pulls so hard with her arms and tries to move her legs in a crawl position behind her body. Avery and Brooklynn are so different! I am still convinced that Avery will only army crawl but sister has a mad and fast army crawl. Every day Brooks gets stronger and she moves forward more and more. She has amazed me. I cannot stop watching her! She is SO tiny but has so much strength. Standing next to her sister she is over and inch smaller and still fits in 1/2 diapers and wears 6 month clothes. She is growing long so 6 month clothes are getting short on her but she fits best in 6 month pants. So small.

Both girls (but mostly Brooklynn) had a hard week sleeping last week and it is so much better but I was questioning whether she was going to do something bug and I even said something to Kristi last week about it. They are both holding their own bottles now ALL of the time. This has saved us hours and hours just this past weekend alone. I decided to get tough and if they weren't holding their bottle, they weren't eating-which goes to show that they can (and probably have been able to) do it by themselves. What an incredible milestone in our house. Feeding two babies bottles for every.single.feeding has been so exhausting. My mom said that in a way it is sad because it means part of what makes them a baby is gone but after all these bottles, I am ready for it. More than ready for it. Jake didn't hold his bottle until he was a year and a half so we are so over bottles. :)

A small part of me is sad because I know this is it. Our baby stages are ending and while I am elated to see the girls developing so much faster than what we have experienced in the past, I pulled out a newborn onesie that Brooklynn wore for months and cannot believe that in 5 weeks they will be one. ONE. They have grown for a whole year and I can still remember what I was doing one year ago today. I get so teary just thinking about how much my family has grown and how amazingly lucky we are.

Russell (Russ, Russy-face, all names for our best boy) and mommy and daddy had a date on Monday morning for breakfast and the park. The weather has been amazing and it was so wonderful to give all of our attention to him. He was less than wonderful to be around this weekend. Everything we told him not to do, he did anyway, so Monday was soooo needed for all of us. Jake needs as much one-on-one time as he can get. We loved it-he loved it. It was the best day ever. He was so smiley (obviously) and so snuggly (my favorite!!).

Russ had a podiatrist appointment today at University hospital and he had the best check-up ever! The doctor is amazing. He said that he thinks (and I agree!) that Jake has made so much progress the last 5 months and although he has things to work on, he will get there. Our next step is to work on building up his calf muscles with exercises and stretches and then come back for a follow-up in three years! We will be back when he is 7! He said that when he is 7 then we can talk about more supportive orthotics etc. when he has developed more. Yay! The best part of the appointment was when he asked if Jake is always this happy (yes!) and the he said bye to Jake who insisted upon giving the doctor a hug! The doc grabbed him and picked him up, Jake put his head on the doc's shoulder, and gave him a pat-pat. I guess Jake approved of this wonderful doctor. (As you know, he doesn't hand out pat-pats to just anyone!)Then the doc ended by saying that he has never gotten a hug from one of his patients and Jake was his first! That's my boy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment