I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today. Like I remember every single second of what happened the day these babies entered our lives. No-seriously, every single second. I wish I would never forget but I know time will pass and soon I will need to look back and see what happened to remind myself. Not this year. I remember that I didn't eat that morning.....I had an ultrasound at 10 and I always ate before-it's like I knew something unconsciously. I remember being asked how I felt about having babies today....how when I was wheeled out of the ultrasound room a nurse looked at me expectantly wondering what the look was on my face and I burst into tears....calling Bobby 19 times in a row without him picking up....cleaning my room up and moving out of my home I lived in for 2 months....Heather coming in and soon followed by my parents....a couple pictures and quickly walking back to the OR....hands squeezed....Kimberly telling me everything that was happening.....feeling so scared....hearing cries-baby A followed one minute later by baby B....my Avery and Brooklynn.
I remember asking everyone who came in to show me pictures of my babies. I remember touching Brooklynn for the first time and then Avery. I was so nervous to touch their tiny bodies. Later I remember Bobby wheeling me to the NICU after bugging the nurses over and over to ask if I could go and promising I was ready (maybe before I really was) and getting to hold Avery for the first time ever. She was so tiny. I can't believe that one year has passed.
Tonight was filled with love and cupcakes. More later but tonight I am cherishing my memories of the last year. My heart is so full right now. I had no idea that I was missing this piece of my life until they entered the world one year ago. I am so thankful for everything these two little girls have bought to me. They are beautiful people and I am anxiously awaiting the next year of our lives.
We have a little party on Saturday and I cannot wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment