So In three years of blogging I have NEVER, ever missed an entire month but I figure I have an excuse and I have been enjoying my kids. Sometimes I feel the pressure and although this was in the back of my mind all month (and a half) I have honestly been enjoying the break from blogging. In all fairness I am overly appreciative of all of the people who are invested in our lives and in our children. So...lots has happened in 6 weeks. Our babies are more and more evidently becoming toddlers. Or as we lovingly refer to them, "the littles". My friend Tasha used to call her girls "the littles" and every time she said it I melted.
The littles are great. They are crazier than ever and not a dull moment to be found in our house-but that is how it is supposed to be and I would be lying if I said I don't usually love something going on every second. New teeth are popping up. They both got the exact same tooth on the exact same side-(the one next to the front tooth and on the left) within a week of each other. I hope it is the twin thing but either way, twins are strange. Stairs are the best thing that ever happened to our girls. They both love them. Brooklynn has been initiating going up the stairs and going up the entire two flights of stairs by herself. Things happen so quickly. I love our bedtime routine-up the stairs and into bed. Avery is my bottomless pit of eating. She's a little picky but will always chow on the staples-cheese (sister loves processed American cheese like her mama), cinnamon raisin bread (thanks for the suggestion Bre!), sweet potato chunks, bananas (any way and anyhow), puffs, yogurt, and popsicles. :) Brooks was our eat-anything child but has been off the last two weeks. I had a snow day on Tuesday of this week and took her to the doctor and of course-double ear infection. Three days in with antibiotics my girl is back. She isn't eating as well as she was-and she didn't gain any weight since her 12 month appointment but she didn't lose anything either.
Both girls have been drinking cows milk for a bit now and I wish I could say that it has made sleeping easier but with Brooklynn it hasn't. We are still up with smiles twice during the night. :\ Avery pretty consistently sleeps 7 hours but still wakes up once. She usually wants love and then immediately wants milk. I stopped pumping a few weeks after their birthday. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. It seems silly to say that but I am so proud of myself for never giving up and sticking with it when I wanted to quit a million times. It was so hard. I am so happy to be able to drink coffee....oh hell, wine and beer really-and not think about pumping. I feel like I have several hours back in my life everyday. I loved the breaks at work though....
We spent lots of time around Kyson and Kelton over spring break and I think that the girls picked up some new skills. Avery has been goofing around and standing up without holding on after watching her two walking friends. She dies laughing when she falls. I love it. She took three steps by accident last night because she was standing and sort of went forward. It'll happen soon and it's so exciting. Brooklynn loves to walk with a walker and fall off Jake's chair. She throws herself over the cushion on the side right on her head a few inches in the air--and pops up with a grin.
Avery is a little pushy when it comes to getting what she wants. She basically wants everything Brooklynn has at every second. Brooks is very sweet and gives it up willingly (usually) however when it comes to the hottest toys on the planet (baby bottles and their motorcycle walker that Kristi got for them) all bets are off. Brooklynn screams and Avery goes about her business. When we come and intervene Avery yells and hits.....she's 13 months old. I'm a little nervous but we are going to keep doing what we are doing and see how it goes. It's so hard because most kids when they are this age don't have to share with someone their own age so these are all interesting issues we have encountered recently. Twins are so tricky sometimes...but so worth it. It's amazing to see them interact nicely. Avery will feed Brooklynn a baby bottle and they share snacks. I have caught them laughing and talking to each other in their cribs during naps. Sweeter than I can even write. It is my favorite moment. Avery even taught Brooklynn how to jump in bed.
7:30 is the best time in our house. Bedtime. Just keepin' it real. These kids are a lot of work. It's not easy, but damn I feel so blessed when I am around them. I have a few good friends who have all experienced different kinds of devastating news about their children the last few weeks. I can't help but feel so lucky to have my children in this moment and exactly as they are. These mamas are the strongest people in the world and I feel so lucky to know them as strong women and influences in my life. I love my children to the depths of my soul and even further. My love is constant and infinite for these three little people who make me whole. They are such beautiful people and I have only known them for such a short time. But I still love bedtime.
Jake-o is keeping on. He's incredible. I had his transition to kindergarten meeting March 20th and I went on a tour of Runyon Elementary (he's going to be a RAM!) over spring break. I managed to cry only at the end of the 90 minute meeting. It was only because I was thanking everyone for their dedication to Jake the last two years. I know it's easy to love him because he is my kid---but I KNOW they love him too. This is so hard. My little man is going to be in kindergarten in a few months which is great--it's the other stuff that's hard. The labels, the other kids, the new situations, everything. I hope that he doesn't know if anyone makes fun of him. I swear I'd hunt the kids down myself but I know I can't. I'm learning as I go but it still sucks. It more then sucks. It stings. I watched other kids from his "program" come in and they just seem so different....so much different. But my kid is the same and these kids have parents who are going through the same thing as we are. I hope I have asked all of the right questions and that I have been the advocate he needs. It's a constant battle and I'm really good at faking that things are great. I have never prayed for anything harder in my life than praying that Jake doesn't ever understand if someone is mean to him. I hope he has friends. I vividly remember this little girl I used to babysit who tragically died at a young age. I remember at her funeral her teacher said that she always stepped up to help a little girl with special needs. She had a gift. I need a Mariah in Jake's life. She was everything I pray Jake has. I know that Avery will have Jake's back. They have somein' special. They are besties. I'm so thankful that she is so special to Jake and that she loves brother back like nobody business.
Her looks.....yikes.
It's our birthday!!!!! February 28, 2013
Love these faces! She's so expressive.
I literally couldn't get a good picture of her on this new present.
Brooklynn went in for it.
Avery held the cupcake to her mouth and sucked on it the whole time.
SLAM DUNK!
More from their birthday party later....
Oh the cheeks. Love this boy. Love the mama too.
S
No comments:
Post a Comment