Friday, January 10, 2014

New Year-New Resolution

As usual, I want to star by apologizing for not keeping up the last few months. My blog is beyond important to me but I have really struggled to find the time to update the way that I want to update. I have to keep reminding myself that things are a bit (ahem) crazy at our house and every free moment is spent with our kids, with each other, or drinking. :)

It has been a whirlwind of a couple months. We have been looking forward to my brother’s wedding for MONTHS and all of a sudden it was here! We had a great Thanksgiving with my parents in Fort Collins followed very quickly by Christmas at our house. We left for the wedding on January 1st. Matt and Jeannie had the most wonderful wedding and we were super excited because Jake was the ring bearer and I was a bridesmaid. Jake walked down the isle in his walker. Good Lord-I couldn’t stop crying. I wish I had a video of it but he was just the most perfect little person. He smiled the whole way and stopped to say “hi” a few times. I am totally biased-I know, but he was perfect. I can’t even believe that a year ago Matt asked him to be a ring bearer and I couldn’t even fathom him walking down by himself. Bobby had a plan of attack and brought tons of M&Ms for him to eat during the ceremony (and Bobby’s cell phone too) and we only heard a few laughs from him. Matt has some amazing friends who have incredible wives who took the girls inside during the ceremony because they were not happy. During the reception the girls danced and colored and they were so happy. The only downfall is that we lost Brook’s lovey, her monkey. It is nowhere to be found-and probably gone forever. After the wedding we had an interesting 48 hours…..we drove 4 hours to Dallas a couple days later and found out our flight was canceled so we drove home to Denver. In a minivan. With 3 kids. And 4 adults. It was LOOOOOOOOOONG. We were all troopers including Avery who had a raging fever and my dad who was sick as a dog. I took Avery to urgent care when we got home and she ended up having croup and a double ear infection. After staying home two more days with Avery, I finally went to work today (Friday) for the first day of the week.

Next week I am going on my first “business trip” ever! I am going to Myrtle Beach, SC for a Reading Recovery conference from Wednesday to Saturday and I cannot wait to have some time away. After this last week, it will be just perfect!

My resolution for 2014 is to blog more. I truly love it. I love being able to look back and see what happened over the last year. I thought about doing project 365 (taking a picture everyday of the year) but I don’t want the stress of it so maybe I will do a modified version this summer.

EEEEEEk. Jake will be in first grade in ½ a year. I’m already freaking out.




These girls love to color. They colored with pen so many times during our vacation---and maybe used some skin as their paper. They use every canvas they can!


Dude is showing his skills everywhere. Safe or not.


This is Jakey's BFF at school (I can't remember if I shared this or not)







I got to go to Jake's school for a special celebration and got to see him show off his stuff in his walker. I also saw him stop by the office and say "HIIIII!!!!!!!" with knuckles which he apparently does every day. :)


Sister has style

Kids table. So adorable.

No trip is complete without one of the three needing a bath in Gammy's sink.




Hanging with the boys on Thanksgiving night. 

This picture is my iPhone screensaver and when Avery turns on my phone she says, "Jake!!!! Muah!"

This will always be one of my very favorite pictures. 









Christmas Eve clam chowder. My favorite night of the entire year.

LOOOOOOK!!!! Bobby is doing manual labor! 


Even if it is for a moment, I love seeing these three play together. 

Future Mr. and Mrs. Murphy





Matt's wedding was at the most amazing venue. It was rustic and just plain beautiful.  Of course Jake is only smiling at his daddy taking this picture. That's our boy. 


Love this picture of two of the most wonderful people in my life. I am so incredibly thankful that Matt asked to have this little man in his wedding. I am so happy for you, Matt and Jeannie. Matt, you are my big brother and someone I have always looked up to. You have always been someone who has given it to me straight-and I am a stronger person because I know how to put up with my big brother's crap and love. I love and adore you both and I can't wait to watch your relationship bloom in the future. 




My dad gave me $1 for the nickel slots and I won $45 and then he gave me another $1 and I won $18 and then he gave me $1 and I won $26. Then I lost $1 but made $60 at blackjack. It was awesome! Plus we had a night out without the kids!

WOOOOO HOOOO Driving home from Louisiana in a minivan! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Sick day with my boo. She was only happy with my phone so I let it be. For one day only. 




We even watched Disney's African Cats (it was more for me) because she loves  is obsessed with cats. There might be a new cat in our house in the future. Just sayin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment