We had the most incredible vacation last week to Miami to visit all of our family-but especially Nana and Poppy. We got to go to Coral Gables to celebrate Poppy’s 60th birthday. It was an incredible week and I only wish that I took more pictures.
We started off with a bit of a rough flight with all three kids-highlights: fighting, crying, no sleeping (until the wheels touched down for the landing), no pants and shoes, parents wanting a cocktail, etc. We made it and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect! After Nana and Poppy met us at the airport, Uncle Tom, Aunt Sara, and cousin Cat met us at the HOF and Avery immediately ran to Aunt Sara and snuggled. Match made in heaven from that moment on. We couldn’t have made it through the first few days of vacation without Aunt Sara and Cat. They were simply amazing help and truly allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves. I am still dying laughing thinking about Aunt Sara discovering our little Houdinis playing in the garage when they should have been in the guest house napping in their pack n’ plays. Uncle Tom is one of Jake’s new favorite people. Uncle Tom was awesome letting Jake push him into the pool over and over….and over. Jake was dying laughing. So….when are you three coming to CO?
I didn't get a picture of the two of them sitting on the trays together. Good thing Daddy and Jake were in front of them.
Three seconds of silence with coloring.
Biggest toddler fit in the world. No pants + no shoes + a HUGE FIT + on an airplane=AWESOME! Drink cart please! Avery is cute but she packs a big punch.
Literally the plane's wheels touched down and she fell asleep. Another awesome moment.
Cousins meeting for the first time. Avery looks like she is talking Farah into doing something...
Cutest little table in the world. Uncle Oumar is our saving grace with Jake. He always helps him no matter what.
Farah ALWAYS smiles. Always.
Poppy's party! Aunt Kelley made sure they all looked the cutest ever. Stars of the show until bedtime. :)
Poppy’s party was so much fun. Besides having a huge milestone to celebrate, we got to see so many people we never get to see and I got to meet so many people that I have never met. It was such a wonderful time talking and laughing with everyone. I wish we could have played the night in slow motion. We got to see Aunt Kathy again and time was so quick that I wish I could have had more time to connect with her. I just love her. I met Carly and Allison for the first time-and they are amazing. They are both so kind—and so hilarious. It was the most perfect time to be able to share our kids with them. We got to see Nanni, which is always a highlight for us. Our kids love Nanni. We are so lucky because she will be here again in May for Sean’s graduation! Our favorite people from Evergreen were there too-Aunt KJ, Uncle Mike, (and we know you will be our kid’s uncles) Uncle Steven, Uncle Sean, and Uncle Evan.
One of the best parts of Jake's trip was Poppy. He will always love Poppy in a special way. Poppy takes such good care of Jake.
Daily swims with Poppy. :) Our boy is happy!
Key West with the Thussells.
Oumar, Kelley, Joey, Juanita, Bobby, and I went for a night out in Key West. Poppy and Nana handled all 4 kids…and it was just what we needed. Thank you so much again Nana and Poppy for this break! We had so much fun…a night to remember for sure. The drive alone was amazing but then to stay in a gorgeous place and have a night of bar hopping and laughing-and karaoke-just what we needed.
Another favorite part of our trip was having all of Bobby’s sisters and his brother in one place at one time. This happens so rarely that it was so wonderful to spend time laughing and enjoying everyone. I truly married into the best family. I love that I have two sisters and another brother. We got to meet our niece Farah for the first time. I LOVE her. Not just because she is musical, funny, sweet, and freaking cute-but she is a cousin to our kids. I am so happy that our kids have a cousin. I wasn’t sure how the girls would be with Farah but surprisingly, we didn’t have many issues. Yes, the girls pushed her and took her toys but she held her own. (She’s ready for a sibling now!!) There was also plenty of hugging, smiles, and “hi!” going on too. I think we are all so excited to see their relationship evolve. Kelley, Oumar, and Farah are moving to FL in just a few weeks so we get to see them anytime we visit-or they visit us-hint, hint!
When we ran out of toys, we played in the minivan rental. SO fun.
Nana treated us to a day at a fun place in Miami with animals and lots of room to run off energy.
These three girls...swoon.
Love, love, love these two.
Oumar had to head back to work so we had a night with just Kelley in Coral Gables. I just love that girl. She makes me laugh like no other. She is a sister and best friend in one. Our next time together won’t ever be soon enough.
Nana and Jake on the beach. I love this picture.
Thank you so much to Poppy and Nana for getting us to Miami
and giving us such an incredible week. We had the best time. You are both so generous
and we love you so much. We are so glad that our munchkins got to see you
again-and can’t wait for the next airport game at the baggage claim with Poppy
in the future.
Too soon it was time to go home again. Another eventful
plane ride home and we were all happy to be back to a routine but missing the warm
weather and beach BIG time. It was just what we needed.















No comments:
Post a Comment