We are up to lots around here. Jake is starting 1st grade on the 15th. Bobby is dropping him off since I have to work at my own school, which is on the same schedule. I was lucky to go to back-to-school drop off day and connect with his teachers and therapists. We walked in and they all said, "WOW! Jake is so BIG!" I didn't realize how big he is-but then again, he can knock me over. Jake was in his element right away. Happy and hugging everyone.
Avery is so much fun right now. She repeats everything and in the exact tone that it is used too. We have to be very careful around her because she seems to get the intention behind things and doesn't seem to mind to discipline everyone who she sees as needing it. The dog, daddy, mommy, Jake, etc. She saw a stain on Bobby's shirt the other day and was just horrified. She could not get over it. She talked about it all night. I think we are breeding a mini-daddy. She is mama's girl through and through. She is very independent and wants to do everything on her own but if she needs the slightest amount of help (like putting her try on her high chair) only one person will do-mommy. She loves to brush her teeth. Honestly a couple nights ago they were a mess so I was going to skip it and do it in the morning but sure enough Avery was SCREAMING at the top of her lungs for me and when I walked in she says, (as calmly as possibly) "Hi mommy. Brush teeth?" She adorable but she tests us for sure. During therapy (Brooklynn's speech therapy) she is a perfect angel. She sits with criss-cross applesauce and does everything she is asked to do--and even things she isn't asked to do (like answering for her sister). It is honestly the most adorable thing. She cleans up at Krsiti's house when she deems it too messy. Avery is a book LOVER. Just like her big brother. They will sit forever listening to any book. She is so funny. Bossy at times, so loving, funny, predictable, and so helpful. She will be my girl who loves to do chores.
Brooklynn is our tiny bunny still. She is a peanut. I am guessing that they are about 5 pounds different now. Avery is about an inch taller than Brooklynn but I have been surprised with how much Brooklynn has growth in length. She is skinny as ever. She fought like hell with us to wear 12 month jammies the other night that were just small enough in the length to look uncomfortable but we went with it. I have hidden all small clothing because these girls love to dress up but they always seem to find the last one that I forgot to put away. Brooklynn is mellow. She has been little more vocal recently with her opinion. She is learning things from her sister for sure. She is standing up for herself. She likes to pull hair and pinch (awesome) when she is mad but for the most part I can say that biting is mostly over. (Mostly, because she bit again tonight. eh) She is a repeater. She said her first bad word this month-which was totally on me. The dog puked on the carpet and she repeated everything I said. Oops. She was all into it too-broke out the pointer finger and everything. I could not stop smirking (when I looked away). Why is it so freaking funny when little kids say bad things? Or the regular words that sound so bad. Shirt, cook, truck-all come out in hilarious ways. Brooklynn is doing well in speech therapy. We work like dogs with her during the week. Quizzing her over and over. She seems to have some processing stuff that we will continue to work on. Her expressive language is through the roof because she is the best repeater on this planet-but when you ask her "What's that?" or "This is..." she repeats your exact words. It made me feel like a failure for a few weeks because I wasn't teaching her the things she needed to know like "cow" and "apple". In my defense, she only cared about her monkey for the last year and everything else was not as interesting to her as putting a diaper on monkey (and diaper changes and feeding, etc.) These kids hate apples and how often are they really interacting with a cow?? Um, never. Ask them about a bus or a monkey-or babies, or a million other things they are obsessed with and they have it down. In the next couple months we will find out if Brooklynn qualifies to got to the Village for speech therapy and an IEP. If so, Avery will go too. I have lots of pros and cons right now about this but I don't want to jump the gun. She is a runner and jumper--and giggler. She loves to pretend. She is the first one to hug and kiss to say sorry. She constantly asks is we are "Ok". (Which must mean we ask her that a lot.) Best of all, she is a daddy's girl. She will gladly snuggle mommy but her best moments are with daddy. She loves him. A monkey and daddy and this girl is so happy. And so is the daddy. :)
Much more to come this fall. Enjoying the moments of gearing up for back to school and work.
We had a little Vasaline incident. Three minutes of being left lone with a tub in Jake's room and all hell broke loose. Seven washes later and their hair was a little less greasy. BUT THE LOOOOOVED IT!
Builder girl. Happy with a box of Legos all day long.
Hose drinking=summer
Gammy snuggles. We didn't get to spend as much time as we did last summer with Gammy so we soaked up every second.
Happy dude.
Thing one and Thing two have to be separated during naps or no one sleeps. Avery goes right to sleep in their room. Angel baby. Brooklynn screws around in our room (with baby gates and all kinds of toddler proofing) for an hour and a half and right as Avery wakes up refreshed-tiny sister has just fallen asleep. And usually on the floor)
We went to the Broncos scrimmage with the kids. It was hot-the scrimmage was short. In short-it was a good reason to go and have one adult per child PLUS one. And they sold beer. :)
Love this picture.
I filled water balloons for the kids one morning and they weren't too sure....
While Avery was very happy to hand out water balloons, she was less than happy when I threw them at Jake. She cried and went and picked up the ones that didn't break. She guarded them like a mama with a nest of eggs.
We rode the train at Bellview park. I thought i would be a shit show but everyone--including Jake--LOVED it!
First day of 1st GRADE!!
Such an adorable little room for two adorable little girls.











No comments:
Post a Comment