Today you turned 7. 7 years ago-at this moment I was looking at you with awe-struck eyes and just so in love. Buddy, that hasn't changed. I remember so vividly when I got to hold you for the first time. It was my favorite moment, when I became a mommy.
Juts like every year, you have surpassed any expectation I could ever have for you. This last year was BIG. You are beginning to run and walk backwards. DUDE-you even learned to get up off the ground without holding on to anything. This was such a huge milestone for you. You are still SOOO proud of yourself and love to show off your stuff. You have been incredibly amazing with your communication device. We are all learning how to use it on a day to day basis and having a lot of fun. You use your device to tell us all about your day. This has been such a shift for us and we LOVE to hear about your day but we love to see your confidence as you use your device even more.
We have big things coming up. Your 7th year check up, a sleep study, an eye appointment, and ENT appointment. I have a feeling that all of this will end with a new eye prescription and lenses and a CPAP for sleeping-but we will see.
You have an amazing ability to make everyone feel like they are one and a million (but the secret is it is you. YOU are worth a trillion.) If I could get inside that brain, I would love to be like you. You are always accepting, loving, forgiving and live in the happiest way. Birthdays make you one year older but your heart seems to grow one size bigger. Jake, you love everyone and everything. The hugs you give make people's days. I wish I could count how many times (in just the last year) someone has said to me how lucky we are, how much you've made their day, how they are so happy to meet you-because I cannot begin to tell you. It happens so often we know that when you touch and hug, you've made someones day. You have a whole FAN club. I feel like a VIP member of your club and it feels so special. The way you react when you see the people you love is the best ever.
You are getting new orthotics in a couple of weeks-which is very exciting! We even got you some Broncos print for your tall orthotics-and I cannot wait to see your reaction!!!
Some things have never changed in the last few years. You love and hug with your whole heart. You live in the moment. You love the simple things-especially taking selfies, giving the most body-wrapping, in-your-skin-hugs on the the planet, friendly, gentle, bus-loving little boy we have ever met. 7 years ago we didn't know what this journey would be. Each year that goes on I see the most incredible things-not that I don't expect it...but because I am literally blown away at what you do each year. You always exceed my expectations but are consistent in the best ways.
Happy birthday to my number one and most favorite little boy on the EARTH. You are the biggest gift that I have ever been given. I love you to the moon and back and even more.
XOXOXO,

No comments:
Post a Comment