Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My favorite

Today Jake and I had a day to ourselves-and it was perfect. We went to the NSCD Broncos ability camp on the field at Sports Authority Field! The look on his face when I put on his Manning jersey this morning was enough but he had NO IDEA what was coming to him! We dropped the girls off at Kristi's and then headed downtown. Jake couldn't stop freaking out when he saw the stadium. We signed and then got to walk through the North tunnel to walk right on the field. I got to do this with my girlfriends a couple of years ago but it still take my breath away! The field was immaculate!! 
Ha! First time seeing the field (and this was even a couple minutes after we walked through the tunnel) he couldn't stop pointing and clapping!

Yay!! BRONCOS boy!



There are our seats....up there in the top section 11 rows up! I see our seats!

I am complete. This picture takes my heart. 


He makes me laugh and it was so hard to get a picture without him attacking me with a hug...and everyone else for that matter!

Ben Garland was there-and stayed the whole time. When we met him I didn't take a picture-just had fun enjoying the moment and Jake could have cared less who he is-just loved the hugs and high fives. 

MILES! Hugs!




We were in a group with some adults with specials needs-one was 21 and I can assume the others were close to his age. They were honestly the best part of my day! They kept me laughing the whole time. One big guy who looked like he should play football was the only one kept Jake walking the whole time-and he was equally as pleased with himself because he benched Jake a few times. Jake also gave him at least 150 hugs in 2 hours. The guys were having a mad conversation about Manning and really put me to the test! One of them said "I'm a Steelers fan but if they win the superbowl this year, I'll be a Broncos fan." (while he was wearing a Broncos jersey-which I gave him a hard time about). One of my favorite guys told me that he was going to turn 22 and used to be like Jake when he was 4-and he said "look how awesome I am now!". He also told me the best part about a birthday is the ice cream cake you get. Life is so simple and beautiful in their mind-which is just how it should be. They all got their jersey's signed by the volunteers and Miles and they were so happy with themselves. My only regret is I didn't get a picture of all of them with Jake. While they might not have made a huge impact on him, they did on me. This was a day I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment