Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MRI

Little man had an MRI today. The day started early at 7. He wasn't allowed any thing but clear liquids until 6:00 this morning. He isn't a juice or water drinker so I knew he would be a little bit hungry. He was great (of course) and wasn't fussy at all until he fell asleep at 8:30. They got him at 9 for the MRI. They allow moms for 1+ year olds back in the room while they put the kid to sleep-but I had heard (from his last surgery) that their eyes roll back in their heads and they usually do funky stuff-so I decided to just let the nurse bring him back. He was waking up a little when she got him but the moment he was comfy he put his head on her shoulder! I gave him a quick kiss and so did his Gammy. We went for coffee and to the gift shop (shocking!) to find him a special treat for when he woke up. Only an hour later he was in recovery doing what he has done the last 2 times he was put under-cry and moan. It took him less time to come to than any other time once he was snuggled with me and had a nice bottle!

His O2 was good too-they were able to get him on room air quickly. This was a relief because during his last surgery I had to stay with him overnight because of O2 issues. He was wide awake in the car and also gave us a few smiles. I found out today that he likes graham crackers too! We are home now and he is sleeping off the rest of the medicine. He is doing great. We are supposed to find out the results from this MRI compared to last year's MRI in only 2-3 days. I will let everyone know what I hear. Lots of Jake's doctors are waiting on the results too. We should know more on Friday.

He is becoming quite the little social butterfly when he is comfortable with people! J is learning the sign language for more, all done, eat, and milk. So far "more" is clapping. He literally claps for everything and we always laugh and laugh-which of course makes him do it more! It is the one thing we have finally found that makes us believe that he understands something we are asking him to do. What an amazingly awesome thing. He is starting to stand on his own for about 3 seconds at a time-which is an enormous accomplishment for him.

Less than 2 weeks and we will be warming up in Miami! Yay! J will LOVE it-no O2 (even at night) swimming, all of his aunts and uncles, Nana, Poppy, AND Nanni! What a special vacation we are going to have. For Christmas we are going to my mom and dad's house for a fun time before we come back and go to FL. We have such a busy couple of weeks coming up! J got a present from our friends Andy and Alyson that we programmed to say his name. How far toys have come. It says, "Wanna play Jake?" and "I love you Jake" and he thinks it is SO funny!

The next appointment is to his pediatrician for his H1N1 shot (since we will be traveling) and to his ENT at Children's on the 22nd. J hasn't seen her for a while so I am expecting her to check his ear tubes, go over his last sleep study, and create another plan of action pending the MRI results which she will have access to. Should be interesting as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment