Well, there isn't much to report. The neuro doctor said that things look much better than what his original MRI showed. He still have a little bit of extra fluid in his brain but it isn't concerning to development or to his brain. Apparently the extra fluid is just absorbed by his body. He didn't see anything glaring on his MRI.
He will not need another MRI nor surgical intervention for now. He would only need another MRI if his head grows extremely large or if something drastic begins to happen negatively with his development. They would consider putting in a shunt if his head size grown rapidly. The good news is that more is being ruled out as a reason for his development but we still have a lot of questions. I'm not sure what the next step is for the little guy. Honestly, his ENT gave me more information about his MRI than the neuro doctor did. No more MRI's and no neuro surgery so we are very happy!
On another note, I accidentally locked J in the car while it was running tonight. I only stepped out of the car to hand something off and I went back and the freaking door was locked. Ugh. I felt horrible. He was great for the first part of the ordeal and then kept losing it. I wasn't sure if it was better to watch him cry and try to make him smile or to walk away a little bit so he wasn't so upset wanting me to get him out. After 30 more minutes the locksmith got there and opened my door. WHEW!!! (By the way I now know how to open the doors of cars that are locked-it's a little scary how easy it is!) All was good and he was SO happy to get a hug and get out of his car seat. I guess this happens to all moms at some point (or I am hoping so) but I just got it out of the way early! :) Oops. Bad Mom Moment #3-yes I am keeping a list.
No comments:
Post a Comment