Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend with my buddy...


This weekend J had his buddy Alec over to play (well both sets of parents got to hang out too!)
and it was so hysterical to watch J's face when Alec was playing all over the place. He seemed to really watch and want to interact with Alec. At one point J was clapping and Alec clapped back at him and it was like a light bulb went off. J laughed and clapped and clapped some more. He is really enjoying watching himself in the mirror now too. Who wouldn't like to see that adorable face, huh?! Both boys rolled the ball to each other (another new trick that he learned this past week) and J was obsessed with touching Alec's hair! He seems to be getting really frustrated if he is sitting too long or with the same toys for too long (15 minutes max!). He was really testing our patience this weekend-like a true toddler does...who knows, it might be the motivation he needs to move around and do more. He is standing up with support more-YAY! I finally broke down and after trying my hardest to motivate him with EVERY possible think I can think of, I put Teddy Grahams on the coffee table and what do you know-he stood up right away. I never wanted to motivate him by using food but I am literally out of options, so food it is!

The only other thing I have seen him motivated by was the train table at his pediatrician's office. He stood up like it was no one's business! (and made it look so eeeasy!) When he does stuff like that I can't help but feel that he is pulling the wool over my eyes. The hardest part is once he stands up he pushes his butt out and bends his knees (which I hold in a locked position when he does this) to try to sit down. He is so strong that it really hurts me! Eventually he gives up and stand for another minute or so. We have had to be tougher on him since he has shown us (without knowing it) that he has the strength to stand. So things are great-I love that he is showing us his personality. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment