This is a picture of Jake doing some therapy! He is working on the crawl position and using his hands to transfer weight and grab things. This is getting much, much easier but still something we have to work on all the time.
Swoon...look at those eyes!
He loves to do airplane (although he could do it forever, I feel like I am draining blood from his head and crushing his ribs!) Luckily, he is all laughs!
So our three new(ish) things:
1. The man has learned from someone at daycare how to pick his nose-and as if that isn't bad enough, he immediately puts it in his mouth. Gross! The picking is one thing-but the EATING it? UGH! Today I literally dug a piece of "gold" out of his mouth (while I was driving too-although I was at a stop sign) and he laughs his freaking butt off.
2. He is grinding his teeth again-non stop. NON STOP! I think I am more irritated by it than Bobby-it used to be the other way around but now it drives me crazy. He knows how much it drives me crazy, so he keeps doing it. Please, please, please let this be another phase.
3. He throws food. All foods. Every single meal. The only way that he won't throw food is to sit in front of him when he is eating. If you turn away for a second or have to stir dinner, etc. you get food thrown at your backside. Again, a giggle from him like you wouldn't believe. It started as a fun game with Bailey and then it was made much worse by all the ball throwing practice (we went a little overboard) and now he just thinks it is hilarious and so much fun. He even throws Oreos (GASP!) I know, his favorite thing ever gets thrown on the floor too. Sometimes, he throws it in your face-because he can. He laughs his ass off again. I can't stop laughing after that which is just reinforcing him. It is a vicious cycle around here at feedin' time. Lots of food, lots of laughing-lots of clean up.
Oh the life of a toddler. Never a dull moment. He is all over the place with scooting and rolling all over the house. We just said to each other, imagine if he was actually walking!?! We would be screwed. Small moments like thins we get to fell a little thankful that Jake hasn't figured out crawling and walking-we would be in much more trouble. The two words we use more than any other words between 5:30 and 7:00 pm are, "No Jakey!" I laugh when I think about his old therapist telling me not to use the word, "no". Who the hell is she kidding? (She didn't have any kids, BTW.)
We have decided that Jake is just like daddy. He has the infamous "Russell cowlick" (which we always knew but it is so much more pronounced now that he has super short hair) His cowlick is EXACTLY like his Uncle Beard (Joe). It is creepy! Jake likes the following things just like daddy: Oreos, chips, bread, carbs (in any form), cheese (in any form), very few veggies (daddy thinks they taste like acid and so does Jake), minimal fruits (just strawberries and blueberries), and water. Seriously, they are the exact same with how the eat and what they like. Oh boy.
It is hard to believe that it is almost time for summer vacation and for Jake's preschool evaluation. Ahh! He will be going to preschool part time and he will be getting his therapies at school starting in August. He will also be riding a bus to school. Yes, a bus. I am nervous...scared....terrified, actually. *Deep sigh* I have lots to learn and lots of questions but everything I already know will have to come at another time because it is Saturday night and I am looking forward to a glass of wine and a night hanging out with my husband. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment