Thursday, November 17, 2011

Almost Thanksgiving, really?!

I can hardly believe each time I look at the calendar that it is almost Thanksgiving! One week until all of the madness really begins! I  LOVE the Christmas music that comes on before Thanksgiving and seeing lights being put up and tested for big "light parades" the day after Thanksgiving. I really love it all. I love how traditions come out yet again this time of year. I was talking to my mom about the "feeling" you get during the holidays and we both decided that it is a feeling of comfort. You almost can't describe how it feels-you just know it when it comes around. Bobby and I have been thinking about  how our lives will be changing in the near future we have been thinking about what traditions we will continue and what traditions we will create. I think this holiday season is extra special because this is our last one with just Jake. I don't need to explain, I'm sure you all get it. And it isn't that I am not looking forward to this change, I am just feeling a little weepy about it.

On to more...I am feeling the girls so much recently! I felt a huge kick on the outside the other night but of course it didn't happen again. The panic that I feel almost all the time about how they are growing and moving was settled a little after that! Yesterday I had an anatomy scan of the girls from my high-risk ob. It was a long appointment but so good to see them moving all over the place! They can't fit both of their bodies in one ultrasound picture anymore. They are growing and growing. As if there was really any hope, they are still monoamniotic, they still don't see a membrane and at this point there isn't any hope that one will magically appear. My dr. asked me if I was looking forward to my impending imprisonment. Ugh. Prison. This is not my favorite way to think about it. Baby A is measuring right on track and cooperated pretty well while everything from head to toe was checked. Baby A weighs 9 ounces right now! Baby B was less cooperative and is a bit smaller than her sister (I love saying sister!!) measuring one week behind baby A. Dr. Hayborne said that at this point he isn't concerned and that it will just be something to watch. He wants them to be measuring the same (obviously) but one week difference is okay right now. It is really hard to listen to anything else after you hear that-but I tried. Both the nurse and doctor had a hard time confirming that baby B has a 3 vessel umbilical cord. They will look again at a those things and a few other things in 2 weeks on the 30th. It is like I get 2 anatomy scans in 2 weeks! Crazy! Please think positively for our little baby B and her growth in the next couple of weeks.

 
This is the best I can do right now...Bobby is at the Broncos game and Jake's camera skills are so-so. I'm 19 weeks today!


Jakey Snakey has been feeling under the weather for a few weeks now. He has been really having a hard time kicking whatever it is that is making him feel yucky. It has been tricky to decide to take him to the dr. or not, keeping him home from school, or not. He just hasn't been himself for a while. One day he will be crabby pants and clingy and whiny with a high fever and then next day he will be somewhat happy and seem like he is feeling better. This has been a trend for a while. Finally we took him to urgent care last Saturday because he had green goop in his eyes. I just knew he had pink eye. What I didn't know was that he had (has) bronchitis too. Poor kid! His first prescription didn't work well so I took him to the dr. on Monday and he got an inhaler and a different prescription. I am not so sure yet about how he is healing but today he seemed to be feeling better. He is laughing and being goofy like normal. (Plus it helped that daddy got him some crayons and a coloring book today--and got mommy some flowers and a very sweet card!) The inhaler has an attachment that we had to buy and wasn't covered by insurance, or course, which makes it possible to give a toddler their medicine. Thank goodness someone came up with the idea though. J doesn't really mind it too much. He always thinks that he can't breathe at first and then he takes a few breaths and he is all done. I can imagine the panic he must feel at first! He doesn't have preschool at all next week so it will be a great break for him to be able to stay with Kristi. He just loves her. (And so do we!) On Tuesday when Jake was having a bad day and was hysterically crying when she put the harness for the bus on him, she asked him if he wanted to stay home with her instead of going to preschool-she had already asked me if it was okay and I totally trust her with my little lovey and I completely trust her opinions-and my boy stopped crying and started to take his shoes off! Now tell me he doesn't understand more than he leads on...he is one tricky little boy to figure out! I will put up some pictures of lil' man very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment