I couldn't be more excited to write this and say we have our first snow day of the school year! This couldn't have come at a more perfect time!
After a fun day on Sunday, I woke up on Monday morning at around 2:00am and knew I had the stomach flu. :( After a few hours of throwing up and not being able to keep anything down, I went to the ER with Bobby and spent 5 hours getting an IV and some medicine to stop the nausea. The beds and chairs in the ER and not comfortable and we were both glad to leave and come home. Bobby spent the day playing nurse, which I appreciated. Sadly, I didn't get to be at school for the fun day I had planned, which I was feeling really bad about. I had even made a costume to tell my class that I am having girls (2 owls in a tree trunk on my belly with little pink bows on their heads). And of course, any plans we made for Halloween were also canceled. I know Jake didn't know that we didn't do anything so it worked out, I guess. Next year we will go trick-or-treating with him.
Yesterday morning I went to work because I have to save my days for maternity leave. Who should wake up with a fever? Yep, Jake. On top of constant coughing and sneezing plus a runny nose he had a fever. I'm sure every mom has done this, right or wrong, I gave him some meds and sent him to school 1/2 day until my mom could come down and get him and take him home to sleep in his own bed. (Thank you soooo much, Mom!) Things never happen when they would actually be convenient until TODAY! I am keeping him home with me today for my snow day (Littleton doesn't have a snow day) so he can have an extra day to feel better and hopefully kick this sickness a little more. Lots of little kids that I know have croup or pneumonia right now so I want to be extra cautious with our little monkey. Tonight we have his conference with all of his teachers so we will make it to that-and the weather should be a little bit better.
Anyway, we are ready to have a cozy day and stay in our jammies until his conference tonight! It is very strange to be going to my son's conference and not being behind the desk doing the actual conference. Weird!
No comments:
Post a Comment