And it feels a little weird. I have had my fair share of tears the last few weeks. I think it is very possible that all of this is becoming reality. The other morning I couldn't stop crying because I was thinking about dropping Jake off at daycare on the Tuesday morning that I go into the hospital...and the reality that once I go into the hospital we will no longer be a family of three. I know most of this is the hormones of pregnancy but everything makes me tear up. Thankfully my wonderful husband is nothing but understanding and he has tried very hard to make things easier for me. He knows just what to say to me.
Monkey man has been in the VERY best mood ever! He is like a new man! This is the boy that makes my heart break because I won't be able to get him out of bed in the morning and kiss him every night. I know this will only be temporary but it already sucks. He has been eating like a champ-which has been so helpful. Then I picked him up from Kristi's house today and she said he wouldn't (and hasn't been) eating much lunch for them. (Even pizza, which he loves.) So I guess that explains why he is eating so well for us. He found the baby bottle again-one of his favorite things. He feeds all of his animals and tries to feed us too-but mostly it ends up in his mouth. The problem with him is that instead of being so easily distracted, he remembers things and knows what you have taken away or where you have put something and he will.not.let.it.go...until he gets it back again. I can tell this is when parents give into their kids because it is easier than hearing them throw a fit but we are standing strong. (Even if our legs are wobbling and we feel bad for making him cry) Tonight for example, he ate more dinner (after 5 huge ravioli, crackers, gogurt, and a fruit strip) while sitting ON the table. Not one time did we think that wasn't a great idea-or look at what we are teaching him-it was just to get him to stop crying while we were eating dinner (quickly). So he happily sat on the table and ate one bite from me and one bite from Bobby. Come to think of it, we have some work to do. 3's are much harder than 2's in our house.
I have another ultrasound tomorrow. I am anxiously awaiting 2:00. I am going to tour the NICU before my appointment. They have (inside information courtesy my friend the NICU nurse) a 33 week old little boy who is 3 pounds 12 ounces. I am looking forward to seeing him if it is possible. I need to wrap my mind around this a little bit. They have 2 twin suites that I can't wait to see as well. Anyway, I'll update when I am done with my appointment and let you all know how the babies are doing. Plus-I'll get a couple new pictures too!
No comments:
Post a Comment