Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thankful!

 
On our way to Fort Collins to spend Thanksgiving with my family and of course kitty had to come too! Little did he know that there were real kitties in Fort Collins!

 
My brother made Jakey a pilgrim hat with the newspapers he was ripping apart. His smile cracks me up!


 
This is the first picture of the 5 of us! :) I am 20 week pregnant in this picture!

 
Ha ha! He loved the real kitties and they were pretty tolerant of him to a point...he is learning to be very gentle but he thinks gentle means to give the kitties (or Bailey) a hug and as you can imagine-hugs don't go over too well with cats. J sure would love to have a real kitty of his own but we will always settle for visits to see kitties and fur real kitties from the toy store!

 
We decorated the house with all of our Christmas decorations last weekend. We waited for Jake to help us-he is very good at taking things off of the tree and not s good about putting them on! He hasn't been super interested in the Christmas tree yet or the one present that is under the tree (leftover from last year-I have no idea what it is!). He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES lights on houses and in yards though. Downtown Littleton has the most amazing light display and we drove down the street last week and he loved it! The cul-de-sac next to ours has 4 houses with tons of lights and displays in their yard that we drive by each night. We are taking him to see Santa today...I am expecting tears and a freak out but who knows. He can be so unpredictable sometimes.

 
Nana came for a short visit last weekend and we all got to watch the Broncos game together! Jake was very excited to see Nana when he woke up on Sunday morning. It was a short but sweet visit!

 
I am 21 weeks pregnant! On Wednesday I had another long ultrasound with my high risk dr. (Actually is was another doctor in his practice and I loved her!!!) to check the growth of the babies and finish looking at the things they couldn't see or confirm two weeks before. I can't remember if I wrote about my last ultrasound but two weeks ago the weight difference between the 2 babies was 22% and this week the weight difference was 23%. They were always on track with each other so this was  concerning when I heard this. The dr. said that it was something to keep an eye on but not something to be overly concerned about right now. This week the dr. said that they will continue to watch the little peanut and her growth but there is nothing that we can do about it right now and she doesn't want to talk about next steps (and give us all "gray hair"!) until it is absolutely necessary-which it isn't quite yet. The important thing is that baby B is growing and is still only about one week behind her sister. She weighs 10 oz. and her sister weighs 14 oz. The dr. also said there is always a margin of error with ultrasounds too-so that is something to consider too. Both babies have a 3 vessel umbilical cord (which couldn't be confirmed on the ultrasound 2 weeks ago for baby B) and both of their hearts look strong and healthy. They are going to keep an eye on the cerebellum on baby B because from one angle everything looks perfect and from one angle it looks a little funky-but again, she said not to worry about it or google anything and we will just recheck everything in 2 more weeks. She said it could have been because her head was pushed against my placenta pretty tightly. I am feeling them kick ALL the time! They were head to feet again this ultrasound and so I could visualize who is kicking me! Bobby felt one of them kick (probably baby A) on Thursday night which was very cool! I have been feeling them for weeks now and have felt them a few times on the outside-especially at 2:00 in the morning-but every time he would put his hand on my tummy the babies would stop moving!

I found out that I will be on bed rest on the labor and delivery floor at Swedish. They want to be able to see me whenever they need to and for me to be right there if anything was to happen. It makes sense and I feel better knowing that the nurses I will see on a daily basis know what equipment to use to monitor me and how to use it-I was concerned that I would be on a general floor so I feel so much better knowing where I'll be. I think I can walk around a little bit but the dr. told me to be prepared to be monitored several hours a day....I will be spending lots of time hooked up to monitors and getting ultrasounds. My next appointment is December 16th and I am meeting with the head of the neonatology unit at Swedish to talk about the twins and what to expect if they were delivered at certain milestones. 

Jake only has 2 more weeks of preschool until the break for the holidays and then I am going to spend some time up in Fort Collins for our breaks to get help with Jake. He is just too heavy for me to lift and take care of on my own and I know my mom will be down here plenty in the next several months so I am going up to Fort Collins for a change of scenery for all of us-and of course so little man can see the kitties too!

1 comment: