Things were going too smoothly for it to last. I did my one-hour glucose test this morning after a breakfast of cereal (Crispix, of course) and an hour later they took my blood-and I failed! I know gestational diabetes is more common in twin pregnancies, but really? So tomorrow I have to do a 3 hour test with 4 blood draws-one in the beginning and one every hour. I have to fast from 9 tonight until after the 3 hour test in the morning. This is such a pain but hopefully, fingers crossed, I will pass this test and not have to worry about anything. If I don't pass (I would have to fail 2 of the blood draws) then one of two things will happen. 1.) I would be put on oral medication and have a different diet-high protein and low carbohydrate. Yuck. Or 2.) I would be checking my blood sugars with a monitor and will be getting insulin injections. Either one sounds terrible and I don't entirely understand it so I have to wait until tomorrow to see what the results are.
The girls are not cooperating like they have been the last few days. This morning was awful and one of those times when I am DREADING monitoring this afternoon. I have a nurse they had to call in from home as an extra pair of hands who is also qualified to do an ultrasound and I swear I could have found them more easily on the ultrasound machine. I actually started panicking a little and had to tell myself to calm down because she was having the hardest time finding baby A's heartbeat. They have been vertex for the last week or so and now they have changed to breech and some other direction that I am still not clear on. I didn't eat since early in the morning so it could be that they were just sleeping but it was scary. They have both had a couple of decels the last few days-nothing to worry about (I am constantly being reassured) because their heart rates pop right up, which is great. And my nurse calls baby A "Abby" which kind of drives me crazy because that is not her name. These pregnancy hormones put me over the edge sometimes!
Well, I guess that is about all that I have to update-hopefully I will pass the 3 hour test and not have to worry about changing a thing! On a positive note, I am 28 weeks 3 days so almost to 28 1/2 weeks!
Libby the ultrasound pics of the girls are astonishing! They are beautiful. We hope your glucose testing goes well today. We're all thinking and praying for you guys. M,KJ, S, S, & E.
ReplyDeleteAren't they amazing! It is so hard to believe the technology is that advanced-where will they be 20 years from now? I can't imagine! I hope you guys are all doing well!
Delete