Tuesday, February 21, 2012

7 weeks!

I have officially been here for 7 weeks-that is 50 days! Holy cow! The best news is that I only have 10 days left! I keep thinking, I cannot believe this is happening! By the time I get to go home I will be one day shy of 9 weeks here at Swedish. This is so bittersweet to think about. I cannot wait to meet these babies and I cannot wait to go home (I might even be missing our dog just a little more every week) but I also know that this is the end of what "normal" is for us. Our family started growing when I found out I was pregnant but it is so much different having a belly full of babies and actually having them here. Jake is coming up tonight for dinner and will be here only 4 more times after this...then our family of 3 will grow to a family of 5! I'm feeling really nervous. I have never questioned if I will love them as much as Jake. I know I will love them just as much as Jake but for many different reasons. Jake is so special to us-he is not only our first baby that we experienced everything with but he is such a special little boy. He has taught us more in his 3 years of life than I could have ever imagined learning from one little person. I remember feeling so guilty when I found out we were having twins because I was picturing the amount of work that goes into one baby-let alone two, when I still have a little boy who needs so much attention and has so many needs. I still feel guilty whenever I think about this crazy situation. We will figure it out-everyone does, but I am constantly reminding myself that this is what our plan is, our destiny, for whatever reason. We are constantly wishing, hoping, and praying that these girls are healthy and we can watch them reach their milestones without therapy interventions. Whatever is going to happen will happen, so we might as well be as positive (even though we're guarded) as we can.  

I had a biophysical ultrasound this morning. The girls look great. They don't measure growth until next week. Both babies were moving and wiggling all around. A was practice breathing-B was sleeping and not doing any breathing. No biggie though because she scored an 8/10 which is still perfectly fine. This is the first time that one of the babies haven't had a perfect score. I think the nurse could sense I was a little worried and tense and she kept telling me not to worry and things look great. Her cord flow is still great and they are still in the same position. Both babies are head down. A is on my left and B is on my right. A is still presenting meaning that she will be delivered first. Finally the babies were cooperating with showing off their adorable faces. The nurse said they look just like me-I have no idea how they can tell! Little B had her eyes open during some of the 3D ultrasound but we couldn't get a really good picture of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment