Monday, February 20, 2012

Mama

Jake says "mama" every once and while but it still isn't when he is referring to me...it still means more or milk or whatever else she is just babbling about. Hopefully someday he'll say mom or mama and actually mean it for me. He obviously knows that I am his mama because he doesn't usually hesitate to look for me if Bobby is talking about me...unless he is preoccupied with something and then it's hit or miss. This got me thinking about my mom though...

It is obviously well know to anyone who knows me that my mom and I are incredibly close. She is my best friend and someone who has blessed my life in more ways that I can count. She means the world to me and I treasure my relationship and friendship with her daily. When I found out we were having girls I was over the moon for so many reasons but especially because I would love to have the same connection I have with my mom, with my girls. I have never known any different type of mother-daughter relationship and I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed to have my mom and to know her as a person. She is loving, giving, thoughtful, helpful, and she knows just what to say and do-in only the way a mother knows how. I adore her and I cannot imagine going through this entire pregnancy without her by my side. It has been such a blessing that she has been able to come to most ultrasounds and doctors appointments with me. She has spent the last 5 weeks in the hospital with me Tuesday through Thursday and has slept on the most uncomfortable bed-all just to come and help with Jake and hang out with me. It has made the weeks fly by and it has been so incredibly wonderful to have my friend around for that time during the week.

This weekend she broke her ankle....and as if that isn't sad enough, my parents had to cancel their 3 week trip to Ireland-they were leaving on March 5th-two weeks from today. The timing wasn't ideal from the beginning...rest assured that I totally understand that my parents have their own life and it doesn't revolve around me getting pregnant with momo twins (after all, I had to come to terms with their trip being planned well before I found out I was pregnant-and knowing the babies, I mean, I would be fine without my mom around for a few weeks)! Lucky for Bobby, Jake, and me, my equally as amazing, thoughtful, and wonderful mom-in-law is coming out for 2 weeks at the beginning of March to help our family. We are so blessed and thankful to have her always so willing to help with whatever we need. :) So I'm hanging out the last couple of weeks 11 days (EEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!) in the hospital with lots of friends and so I'll be distracted from missing my time with my mom. Boy, have I taken that for granted! My parents are going to be here on March 2nd for the girl's birthday and I am SO happy about that. It looks like 8 weeks of recovery for my mom's ankle but I'm hoping for an early recovery! Also, my mom's birthday is tomorrow too-and while I wish I could spend it with her, I am happy to know that my brother is taking over and hang out to make it a special day for her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! Moms and mom-in-laws are the very best people in the world and I am so thankful to have 2 very special  women in my life. Thank you both for being who you are and being such an important part in my life and to our family. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment